Upgrading classic beverage to premium as Elite

go.without.you

2 hours ago, Cruising from Mississauga said:

I have found two separate pages on Celebrity's website, indicating that there is a discount to upgrade to a premium drink package from the classic package included in the fare. What is interesting is that one page says I get a 10% discount to upgrade; the other page says it's 15% (Elite level). I have asked and not yet received an answer as to what the correct number is, but either way it's higher than the 9% shown in a recent email offering discounts for pre-booking...

The 9% is a SALE price, available to everyone at the moment. The Captain's Club discount is on top of this. The price comes out differently depending on which they take off first 🤫😕

For our sailing, there is a 9% discount off "shipboard prices". Elite get 15% off and Select get 10% off. 

Currently, for us, the difference between classic and premium (with the 9% off) is $14 pp/day. Multiply that by 1.2 (20% gratuity) then again by .85 for elite or .9 for select, then again by the number of days in your cruise and you should get the price to upgrade.

4 hours ago, wynnne said:

Is it possible to upgrade only one person, or do both people in a cabin have to upgrade?

Yes it is ok for only one person to upgrade.  We always do this....I upgrade and my husband stays with the classic package.

• Like 1

Hello all,

Were do you guys see the rebate on the upgrade as last week when I did my upgrade from my upcoming cruise on the Beyond in November the agent only gave me my 10% discount for being Select.

So for our 7 nights cruise the the total upgrade price came out to 223,02$ Total. Like I said I only see the 10% discount for being select member.

Let me know where and how to get that extra % off.

Thanks all

Sea Ya

Eric

When I upgraded a couple of weeks ago I worked out the price before phoning. The price shown in my Cruise Planner showed a 9% reduction then I took off 15% (Elite) and waited to hear what I was offered by Celebrity. The cost was slightly less than I had worked out, by a few pounds for the 11 nights, so I did not argue and upgraded. I just wanted to be prepared. If the cost had been higher I was prepared to fight it out!!

Edited by laslomas

Hello again,

Here is what I meant it seems likey only gave me the 10% discount for being Select. Should I call back and ask for that 9% extra they are showing in my cruise planner ? 

‘Also to make it clear when you à;; say upgrading from Classic to Premium do you all have the all included or you only have drink package and ask for upgrade ? 

Thanks all

Sea Ya 

‘Eric 

8C9D53C3-4B4B-446F-8405-AC718E8EA2D8.jpeg

Eric,

If I do the math....

$223.02 / 2 = 111.51 per person

111.51 / 1.2 = 92.93 before gratuities

92.93 / 7 = 13.28 per day

13.28 / 0.9 = 14.75 per day before your 10% discount

If you go to your cruise planner, what is the difference between classic and premium? Do you see anything that says there is an sale going on? 

We have the Always Included and are basing an upgrade upon the difference between the sale price of classic versus the sale price of premium. In our case, that would be $14. What number do you see?

E91F3223-0029-4F53-AA06-5A727B4EBFDF.png

37 minutes ago, CaroleSS said:

Eric,

If I do the math....

$223.02 / 2 = 111.51 per person

111.51 / 1.2 = 92.93 before gratuities

92.93 / 7 = 13.28 per day

13.28 / 0.9 = 14.75 per day before your 10% discount

If you go to your cruise planner, what is the difference between classic and premium? Do you see anything that says there is an sale going on? 

We have the Always Included and are basing an upgrade upon the difference between the sale price of classic versus the sale price of premium. In our case, that would be $14. What number do you see?

E91F3223-0029-4F53-AA06-5A727B4EBFDF.png

Hello, 

first thanks for taking the time to help me understand the process here is a picture taken from my cruise planner.  

Thanks 

Sea Ya 

Eric 

3F5128ED-26C9-40E8-8DC7-339E61A812F9.jpeg

It appears that the difference is $14 (although part of the picture is cut off - so the price of classic isn’t shown), so....

$14*7*1.2*.9 = 105.84 pp

price*days*gratuities*CC discount

for both of you, it comes to 211.68 USD or 278.05 CDN (with today’s exchange rate)

I would call back and ask if the 9% discount had been applied as it does not appear that they did

5 minutes ago, mljatsea said:

Just did our elite upgrade and only got the 10%. Basically that means I got a whole 1% extra over anyone who booked ahead. Sounds like discounts are all over the place depending on what agent you get. Oh, well.

When I first called to upgrade, I was told by the agent that the Elite upgrade to premium was only 10% off, and I booked it.  When I posted that on CC, a poster said that was wrong. So I called back and the agent I got that time said it was supposed to be 15% and I did receive the additional 5% off.  I really appreciate all that I learn from fellow posters.  

2 hours ago, darsura said:

When I first called to upgrade, I was told by the agent that the Elite upgrade to premium was only 10% off, and I booked it.  When I posted that on CC, a poster said that was wrong. So I called back and the agent I got that time said it was supposed to be 15% and I did receive the additional 5% off.  I really appreciate all that I learn from fellow posters.  

Thanks, I will try that.