Security Photo & Cancer Treatment Hair Loss

WeatherFx

Looking for anyone who has had experience with security and the security photo for boarding the ship. My wife is being treated for cancer and has lost all her hair. She normally just wears a chemo head scarf or cap. For security photo at pier check in, she plans on wearing a wig since she does not wish to be photographed bald. Once on board she will switch back to her normal head scarf or cap. If she gets off in Coco Cay wearing only the headscarf or cap, when she boards will they make her completely remove it, let her to just lift up the front or let her board with the head scarf/cap on? [Note: She is clear to travel.]

Thanks

• Like 1

I am not in the same situation by any means but I take my security pic with my hair down typically and when on the ship it is up under a hat or cap.  When getting back on the ship from ports I always have to remove my hat or cap for them in security.  Sometimes I have to remove my hat or cap when ordering something at a bar by the pool if I haven't met that bar tender yet.  Just a heads up.

I have experience.  Wore a wig for the security photo. 

If I got off I wore a sport cap. Coming back on board, I was asked to remove  my cap.  I didn’t mind -I was the least of my problems. Others may feel  differently.   I found that the bald head was more uncomfortable for others than it was to me. 

It had  been so long and so hard for us, I did whatever was necessary to be able to have a couple of happy days. 

Not sure if a scarf is handled any differently. I usually wore a scarf  or a fashion hat on board (saved the wig for dinner ) and never had any issue or had to remove the hat once on board. 

best wishes to your wife and I hope you have a wonderful cruise. 
m

Ps-you can use any photo for the security photo. Even one from pre chemo. I usually use some old photo , zoom in and edit others out. 

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 6

37 minutes ago, WeatherFx said:

Looking for anyone who has had experience with security and the security photo for boarding the ship. My wife is being treated for cancer and has lost all her hair. She normally just wears a chemo head scarf or cap. For security photo at pier check in, she plans on wearing a wig since she does not wish to be photographed bald. Once on board she will switch back to her normal head scarf or cap. If she gets off in Coco Cay wearing only the headscarf or cap, when she boards will they make her completely remove it, let her to just lift up the front or let her board with the head scarf/cap on? [Note: She is clear to travel.]

Thanks

Hi, best wishes to your wife and you for much good health and happiness.  My wife went through treatment during Covid, so we didn’t do any cruises during that time.  However, my family is Muslim and when we cruise many female family members wear hijab (head covering) and have no issues going or coming from ship.  So, they can accommodate for you.  She might just have to have the security photo with a headscarf or cap.  Reach out to Special Needs to ensure you have no issues.  Best wishes.  

• Like 1

This was a topic a few months ago.  Security just needs to recognize your face, so they don't want glasses or hats that block their recognition.  Nobody else cares (except for cheering for her victory) and she can wear or not wear what she wants on or off the ship.

• Like 1