Live B2B2B2B Carnival Spirit Alaska/Panama Canal/Caribbean

jam19872016

They also have a steakhouse brunch option for $25. I have not gotten the chance to try it yet because it was always on a day with a lunch menu instead of the standard brunch.

Im hoping it is still offered on the Caribbean cruises so I can try it out.

Screenshot_20221004-124428_Carnival%20HU

Screenshot_20221004-124444_Carnival%20HU

Screenshot_20221004-124508_Carnival%20HU

Screenshot_20221004-124522_Carnival%20HU

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, pirate4me2 said:

Oh my gosh, lobster Benedict?? Be still my heart! I'm too much of a cheap-o to pay that for it tho, lol. 

It was divine! But too expensive for sure. The crab and avocado sandwich was a much better value.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pirate4me2 said:

Ohhhh I want to try the Steakhouse brunch!! 

2 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Same! That menu is amazing. 

I've only seen it on reviews for splendor and Spirit. I'm hoping it wasn't just an Alaska thing. The menu does indeed look amazing and I'll be kicking myself if I didn't try it when I had the chance.

• Like 1

Three minutes to showtime and we are moving. Deck 4 port side if you are here and want to sneak in. None of the other entries are open. I suspect we aren't starting on time.

One minute after showtime people are now streaming in the other doors.

Edited by jam19872016
  • Like 1

Just now, MeganGC1983 said:

I just read the SH brunch menu to DH and he said “book it”… I said it’s not on our cruise. 😆😆

Should have just booked the Spirit and pretended like you didn't understand what he meant 😅.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

That was an amazing performance. There are some very talented crew on this ship. I have never seen the theater that full before.

The show was put together in just three days but it was very good. There were multiple standing ovations.

• Like 2

Youngest platinum/diamond onboard was 33. She was platinum. I'm 34, I wonder if I'm the youngest diamond onboard? 

Heard there were almost 1200 total, they had two parties.

Checked in for dinner early. It's formal night so already a bit of a wait. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

I just read the SH brunch menu to DH and he said “book it”… I said it’s not on our cruise. 😆😆

Well clearly, you need to book another cruise, stat!! 

Going to be on Spirit for a total of two weeks in a few weeks and I will be keeping an eye out for brunch.

Jam, have there been any art classes offered?  
Also, I notice that you have frequently gotten the low or no sugar added desserts. Can you tell if they have artificial sweetener or are they more naturally flavored from like the fruit etc in them? 

Edited by momof3cruisers
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, momof3cruisers said:

Going to be on Spirit for a total of two weeks in a few weeks and I will be keeping an eye out for brunch.

Also, I notice that you have frequently gotten the low or no sugar added desserts. Can you tell if they have artificial sweetener or are they more naturally flavored from like the fruit etc in them? 

They had a handful of art classes early on on the sea days. They were very popular and seemed to draw a huge line. I will keep an eye out on the 8 day for exact times.

I couldn't tell you about the desserts but none have had a bad taste to me, so I would guess not artificial sweetener but I could be wrong. 

• Like 2

I didn't grab tonight's menu since it is the same as the second formal night menu from last cruise. 

I did get the me u for Lido.

20221004_165817-X2.jpg

For my starter I got the crab cake.

20221004_182533-X2.jpg

For mains I got the teriyaki salmon and the Greek spinach pie.

20221004_183739-X2.jpg

20221004_183745.thumb.jpg.9e8831b4cb6ba30b0800837be678566b.jpg

For dessert I had the grand mariner soufflé. They poured the sauce on which I wasn't expecting so you can't see the soufflé.

20221004_185955-4K.jpg

Dinner was good again tonight. I haven't tried the greek pie in some time because I didn't like it but I enjoyed it tonight so I may need to work it into the rotation.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, momof3cruisers said:

We are cruise booked every month till Feb. I’m all ready looking at March and April lol

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I slept a blissful 10 hours last night. That means tonight will be a challenge to sleep but I'll pay that toll when I get to it.

Schedule looks light today. I have to do vifp treasure hunt today so that will fill up part of my afternoon 😁

• Like 2

17 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

Youngest platinum/diamond onboard was 33. She was platinum. I'm 34, I wonder if I'm the youngest diamond onboard? 

Heard there were almost 1200 total, they had two parties.

Checked in for dinner early. It's formal night so already a bit of a wait. 

When I was on the Splendor to Alaska in August the youngest diamond member was 10 years old!

• Like 1

For my starter I had the California roll.

img_1664993374828-X2.jpg

This was maybe a step below a nice sushi place, but better than supermarket sushi. A nice tasty treat and I can't recall the last time I saw free sushi on a cruise.

For mains I had the spaghetti zia teresa and pan fried filet of swai nicoise.

20221005_130239-X2.jpg

20221005_130243-X2.jpg

These were both very good.

Finishing off a great meal were two great desserts. I had the ice coupe black forest and chocolate gateau. 

20221005_131522-X2.jpg

20221005_131526-X2.jpg

• Like 3

After lunch I checked out celebrity heads in the theater. It was very funny 😄.  I will have to look for that again.

Back to the room now. I've spent most of my day cruise shopping. My friend wants to do a Panama Canal cruise and I think that's a great idea.

• Like 3