Bit of a blog - Ambience - Grand Canada Sept 2022

NorbertsNiece

Looks like another medevac underway 2245 last night. 🙏

20221014_225259.thumb.jpg.ffae88488193459d0e2da39b6ba9a0c8.jpg

Screenshot_20221014_225642.thumb.jpg.1b639b84921bfa7853095255dcadec92.jpg

Screenshot_20221014-225933_Flightradar24.thumb.jpg.b7441b23983ba07f360054a57518d1b2.jpg

Day 34 / 34 sea day

Good morning and thanks for following 😀 !!

We could hear alert bells outside in the distance followed by the sound and lights of the helicopter. Really close. Lit up the cabin. For around 45 minutes. Do hope the patient makes a safe recovery.

Screenshot_20221015_085308.thumb.jpg.8287bce733dae0d37a8a9f8117b02ee7.jpg

Screenshot_20221015_085308.thumb.jpg.8287bce733dae0d37a8a9f8117b02ee7.jpg

Screenshot_20221015_080436.thumb.jpg.c70373ea856ede7341b9d0940d589ebf.jpg

Screenshot_20221014-225856_Flightradar24.jpg

Screenshot_20221014-230034_Flightradar24.jpg

• Thanks 1

Winding the clock back 24 hours.

We said a very sad farewell to Pam and Steve. They really made this cruise for me. Another HUGE plus was the amazing Company of Players. Last night was a musical theatre extravaganza finishing with Lion King. Superb.

Captain Egil welcomed a selection of officers, crew and staff to the stage to bid us adieu. The draw for the navigational chart was made.

Saddest cruise pic is always luggage lined up outside cabins 😢

20221015_100449.jpg

20221015_171536.jpg

20221015_171553.jpg

20221015_175404.jpg

20221015_205532.jpg

20221015_205741.jpg

20221015_210120.jpg

Edited by NorbertsNiece

I'm home.

Still messing up posting ukulele performance but this time with excellent wifi.

Disembarking was a disaster.

Many disembarked out of turn blocking access for others. This is the queue for trolleys. We were the 2nd deck to disembark......

20221016_095629.jpg

Edited by NorbertsNiece

Thank you very much for this very excellent blog!  Great text and photos.  It caught my attention a few weeks ago, because I had never heard of Ambassador Cruise lines, and I have been checking in since.  Looks like an older ship that has been nicely updated and has very good food and excellent cappuccinos and a very interesting itinerary.  (I sailed from New York to New England, New Brunswick, and Nova Scotia last month and am curious about Canada and the ports you visited).

I haven't been on a transatlantic yet or on a voyage that long (2 weeks is my longest), but someday!

Thank you again and all the best!

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, CruiseDad-NYC said:

Thank you very much for this very excellent blog!  Great text and photos.  It caught my attention a few weeks ago, because I had never heard of Ambassador Cruise lines, and I have been checking in since.  Looks like an older ship that has been nicely updated and has very good food and excellent cappuccinos and a very interesting itinerary.  (I sailed from New York to New England, New Brunswick, and Nova Scotia last month and am curious about Canada and the ports you visited).

I haven't been on a transatlantic yet or on a voyage that long (2 weeks is my longest), but someday!

Thank you again and all the best!

Thanks 😊 

We missed much due to the weather shutting ports. I have to visit Montréal and revisit Québec. And more of Canada. Just loved the 'feel' of the country.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, portofrome said:

Thank you very much for your review and photos! It was fantastic travelling with you every day.

17 minutes ago, paulatsea said:

Thanks for another great trip report - I hope you do the Fred around the world in 80 days so we can come with you !!

best wishes. 

Paul

Will post a few more pics hopefully later today. Mal de debarquement has set in!! Wobbling to compensate for ship movement! 

Cruise weight gain just 2lbs!!! 👏👏

Playing ukelele burns calories!!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 10/16/2022 at 11:26 PM, NorbertsNiece said:

Thanks 😊 

We missed much due to the weather shutting ports. I have to visit Montréal and revisit Québec. And more of Canada. Just loved the 'feel' of the country.

Enjoyed your blog.  Think that ship might definitely be for us.  I lived in Canada for 2 years.  Marvellous country and so unlike the USA, (luckily)

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!  We're booked for Iceland in June on the Ambition.  

1.  Can you tell me how many smart nights vs casual nights?  The cruise line states how many formal nights, but not how many smart nights and I like to plan ahead.

2.  How would you rate/compare the dining room food overall?  For example, how is the quality of the beef?

3.  At what point did excursions go up for sale, and how were the prices of those?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Milaandra said:

Hi!  We're booked for Iceland in June on the Ambition.  

1.  Can you tell me how many smart nights vs casual nights?  The cruise line states how many formal nights, but not how many smart nights and I like to plan ahead.

2.  How would you rate/compare the dining room food overall?  For example, how is the quality of the beef?

3.  At what point did excursions go up for sale, and how were the prices of those?

Thanks!

Hi.

1.  This was a long cruise; most non formal nights were smart suggested dress. First night was casual and maybe one or two others.

2.  Dining room food was good. Soups were excellent as were most starters. Main courses were variable, needed seasoning. My friend enjoyed the beef. I tend to stick to fish, vegetarian and poultry.

3.  Excursions were available around 6 weeks pre cruise. The ones we took were mostly excellent; we felt we got value for money.

Hope this helps.

Hello Linda, thank you for writing about your experience onboard Ambience … I really enjoyed reading your blog and learning about the new Ambassador cruise line. 
We will be cruising on Ambience for the first time next Spring and we very much enjoy live music and dancing.    Please could I ask whether there is a venue or perhaps two that offer the opportunity to dance to a party band or some sort of live music?    Thank you !!

• Like 1