NYC - Quebec Does Princess check for Covid Test

Tedferg

Sep 20 New York to Quebec, I understand that Canada requires negative test but wonder if Princess checks at embarkation. We can easily do Kaiser PCR on Sep 18. If results are not back in time for boarding, they should be back well before first Canada port on 24th. The alternative is proctored or supervised test and not as convenient. Both fully vaccinated and boosted.

1 hour ago, Tedferg said:

Sep 20 New York to Quebec, I understand that Canada requires negative test but wonder if Princess checks at embarkation. We can easily do Kaiser PCR on Sep 18. If results are not back in time for boarding, they should be back well before first Canada port on 24th. The alternative is proctored or supervised test and not as convenient. Both fully vaccinated and boosted.

Princess is responsible for making sure all your docs are in order before letting you on the ship. For that itinerary, you will have to show passprt etc, VAX status, COVID test result within the last 2 days or 72 hours depending on type, and your ArriveCan receipt, all at the time of embarkation.

Kaiser member here.  We are on the Enchanted on 9/17.  We fly out  to NYC on 9/14, so we have to get the test in NYC.  Kaiser will reimburse us. I talked to them last week to confirm the policy is still in place.  If you call the Travel line they can refer you to some places.  We were also reimbursed for tests taken in London in June.  

The 18th is a Sunday as you know.   I have see results back on Monday, but the pre procedure and pre operative tests will be priority.  Also don’t forget the 3 hours time difference. 

However, isn’t it 72 hours for a PCR?  So will Saturday work?  

24 minutes ago, milolii said:

Kaiser member here.  We are on the Enchanted on 9/17.  We fly out  to NYC on 9/14, so we have to get the test in NYC.  Kaiser will reimburse us. I talked to them last week to confirm the policy is still in place.  If you call the Travel line they can refer you to some places.  We were also reimbursed for tests taken in London in June.  

The 18th is a Sunday as you know.   I have see results back on Monday, but the pre procedure and pre operative tests will be priority.  Also don’t forget the 3 hours time difference. 

However, isn’t it 72 hours for a PCR?  So will Saturday work?  

In Sacramento area Kaiser only do tests at one facility on Saturday long drive for us.

We could do proctored test Sunday using OnPoint and Govt kits, just $18.99. Just that there are some unknowns for me with that versus Kaiser.

What is the Travel Line?