Dinner Reservations on Medallion Disappeared!

suzyed

1 hour ago, mcgratru said:

Island dining all disappeared…others seem to be fine….maybe they are using IDR for non booked dinners?

Interesting, we are on Caribbean Princess and our reservations were inIsland. 

ETA Just checked and our two Specialty Dining still show correctly. 

Edited by Tedferg
Add info

58 minutes ago, mcgratru said:

Island dining all disappeared…others seem to be fine….maybe they are using IDR for non booked dinners?

No, we're in Island although it doesn't show in the app it's on the web version.

15 hours ago, suzyed said:

No, we're in Island although it doesn't show in the app it's on the web version.

Just to clarify, the Web access shows your reservations correctly in Island, but Medallion App does not show them? Do you have any Specialty reservations? As I said previously, App does not show Island MDR reservations but does show two Specialty reservations.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Just to clarify, the Web access shows your reservations correctly in Island, but Medallion App does not show them? Do you have any Specialty reservations? As I said previously, App does not show Island MDR reservations but does show two Specialty reservations.

Same here....the specialty restaurant reservations remain on the app but not the others.  The web access shows it all correctly.   I had made all the reservations on the app and poof! they were gone....I had to call and have someone sort it out.

12 hours ago, suzyed said:

Same here....the specialty restaurant reservations remain on the app but not the others.  The web access shows it all correctly.   I had made all the reservations on the app and poof! they were gone....I had to call and have someone sort it out.

How was it resolved? We fly today, Sunday, and sail on Tuesday so too late for us to call. Did you call the regular Princess number?

2 hours ago, Tedferg said:

How was it resolved? We fly today, Sunday, and sail on Tuesday so too late for us to call. Did you call the regular Princess number?

If they are showing up on the web version I would not worry about it.  Print a copy showing the reservations.  Once you are on board the ship and your phone is connected to the wifi they should show up .  If they do not contact the reservations line on board and make sure that their system is showing the reservations. 

3 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Try calling 1-800-774-6237  prompt #2  
I spoke with Jean but I bet anyone can help you.
And as Idtr said, if it's showing on the web you should be good!

Good luck!

Edited by suzyed

33 minutes ago, ldtr said:

If they are showing up on the web version I would not worry about it.  Print a copy showing the reservations.  Once you are on board the ship and your phone is connected to the wifi they should show up .  If they do not contact the reservations line on board and make sure that their system is showing the reservations. 

21 minutes ago, suzyed said:

Try calling 1-800-774-6237  prompt #2  
I spoke with Jean but I bet anyone can help you.
And as Idtr said, if it's showing on the web you should be good!

Good luck!

Thanks will check as soon as onboard.

8 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

Thanks will check as soon as onboard.

One other thing.  If they do not show up on board.  Try clearing the cache for the App.  That should force a new download of data.

I just checked with an iPhone I had not used previously.  App shows second evening in Coral 7:00, other non-Specialty evenings empty.  Web shows us in Island at 7:00 each evening except for two Specialty reservations, our original reservations.

Frustration with the Medallion App will cause me to make excessive use of the beverage package. I made a reservation for the Crown Grille, $87 confirmed for the 3 of us, at 6:30pm.  It's on my credit card. That was over a month ago, today the App shows 7:20pm. Looks like I need to pay a visit to the grille as soon as we get onto the ship - either back to the confirmed 6:30 time or recourse to my credit card. I do not appreciate the disfunctional App games. I did manage to book 6:30 in the Amalfi for 4 other nights - they disappeared a few times, but are back on...for how long, who knows?  

Who is making these disasterous decisions at Princess? My TA notes the long history of IT issues with the line. 

Darcy

On 9/19/2022 at 8:16 AM, WatchHill said:

Frustration with the Medallion App will cause me to make excessive use of the beverage package. I made a reservation for the Crown Grille, $87 confirmed for the 3 of us, at 6:30pm.  It's on my credit card. That was over a month ago, today the App shows 7:20pm. Looks like I need to pay a visit to the grille as soon as we get onto the ship - either back to the confirmed 6:30 time or recourse to my credit card. I do not appreciate the disfunctional App games. I did manage to book 6:30 in the Amalfi for 4 other nights - they disappeared a few times, but are back on...for how long, who knows?  

Who is making these disasterous decisions at Princess? My TA notes the long history of IT issues with the line. 

Darcy

I so hear you on this. Yesterday I was checking my business credit card and here were charges from Princess. Two for $29, one for $58 and then a $29 credit. So I called and of course spent a huge amount of time explaining and reexplaining what I was seeing. While talking I'm looking at the app and my reservation in the Crown Grille is still showing but now it isn't showing as paid. So now I'm trying to address that issue. It just kept getting more convoluted. Finally she agreed that they needed to refund me for another $29 but didn't have a clue about why it wasn't showing paid for two people.

So now I'm transferred to Ocean Navigator - which was even worse. I got absolutely no where there. 

There still isn't a credit back to my card but I will give them a couple of more days. I will be taking a copy of the charges on my card with me to show that the dinner reservations were paid for and then some.

This happened on my last cruise (late last year).  I kept remaking them and they'd vanish.  Four days until I leave on Sapphire and my current reservation is still showing up so I'm hopeful.  This time I booked a private table at 5pm (due to Covid).  I usually don't mind sitting with a group but this time I'm playing it safe.  

4 hours ago, Wildcatllamas said:

I so hear you on this. Yesterday I was checking my business credit card and here were charges from Princess. Two for $29, one for $58 and then a $29 credit. So I called and of course spent a huge amount of time explaining and reexplaining what I was seeing. 

I usually book a table thru the app for the MDR then book the specialty restaurants on board.  Mainly because booking on board they charge the room and I can use the onboard credit for it.  When I booked in advance the first time they hit up my credit card which I didn't like.  

• Like 1