Getaway from NYC 9/12/22

Mira28

Just checked into my Getaway cruise to Bahamas and Bermuda. Arrived at Pier 88 at 9:45, was checked in by 10:20. Very organized: 3 check stations, one for Bermuda travel authorization and passport, second for security, and third, check of vaccines and negative COVID test. There are signs advising which documents to show at each point. 
Staff was friendly and professional. 

Now waiting to board.  Light(ish) crowd so far. I have seen people of all ages, younger to seniors. So far I have seen 3 children. 

The ship looks beautiful from this vantage point. Looking forward to a great cruise!

• Like 7

40 minutes ago, scgssny said:

Glad to hear that all is going smoothly, I was concerned about the embarkation process being slightly disorganized and we board when you return. Have a great cruise, looking forward to following along!

Yes, it has been great. Having lunch now at O’Sheehan’s. Excellent. Staff member volunteered that there will be 1500 passengers on this cruise!

Amazing.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Mira28 said:

Yes, it has been great. Having lunch now at O’Sheehan’s. Excellent. Staff member volunteered that there will be 1500 passengers on this cruise!

Amazing.

Only 1500? Wow that's nice. How was traffic?

Hope you have a wonderful cruise! With so few passengers the ship will fill empty.

Did you make show reservations when you boarded? I was trying to figure out if Headliners still had it where you could book the shows and dining instead of having to go to different locations? We usually just use the screens to book shows but if we want to move dining around to it would be easier on my in laws.

23 hours ago, Mira28 said:

Amazing.

Wow! On Sept. 4th or 5th the Assistant General Manager (he's on vacation now, I think) told us there were 900'ish booked. It's amazing how many more book in the last few days before a cruise.

Have an absolutely wonderful time onboard! 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Wow! On Sept. 4th or 5th the Assistant General Manager (he's on vacation now, I think) told us there were 900'ish booked. It's amazing how many more book in the last few days before a cruise.

We are on the 9 night on the 29th from port Canaveral, Following and excited!!!!!! 

17 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Thank you! It is wonderful!

I’m not sure 1500 is accurate. Definitely seems lower than that. 
Just loving it all.😎😎

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Mira28 said:

Thank you! It is wonderful!

I’m not sure 1500 is accurate. Definitely seems lower than that. 
Just loving it all.😎😎

Thanks for sharing with us!

Just wondering if the onboard shops are open?  (Saw something on another site that said all the giftshops would be closed for awhile--remodeling?)    

Hope you have a wonderful cruise😊

10 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

Thanks for sharing with us!

Just wondering if the onboard shops are open?  (Saw something on another site that said all the giftshops would be closed for awhile--remodeling?)    

Hope you have a wonderful cruise😊

Thank you! They are not open. I have heard they will reopen on Saturday, but cannot confirm this. 
Other than that, the cruise is wonderful!

crew, service, Million Dollar Quartet, food, all great. 🌞

• Like 1

On 9/12/2022 at 2:24 PM, gatorchinsky said:

Hope you have a wonderful cruise! With so few passengers the ship will fill empty.

Did you make show reservations when you boarded? I was trying to figure out if Headliners still had it where you could book the shows and dining instead of having to go to different locations? We usually just use the screens to book shows but if we want to move dining around to it would be easier on my in laws.

I just booked them in my cabin on the tv, but I believe you could book them at the box office.  It doesn’t seem necessary on this cruise; lots of open seats! 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Mira28 said:

Thank you! They are not open. I have heard they will reopen on Saturday, but cannot confirm this. 
Other than that, the cruise is wonderful!

crew, service, Million Dollar Quartet, food, all great. 🌞

That Jerry Lee Lewis sure does steal the show! I'm glad all is well! If only I had more vacation days, I would have just stayed on board! 

• Like 1