Best Price Guarantee

Tyler414

Booked a cruise in March 2022... The price for the same everything dropped $450 a few weeks later.  I filled out the best price guarantee form and emailed it in, I did forget to put my email on the form, so never received any email nor did I receive a new invoice with the new price reflected.  In my cruise planner however the new price and new amount due was reflected... About a month later it went back to the original price and suddenly my name was on as both passengers, I called X to explain the situation and after a nice conversation with Mark, was told NO I have the best price for that promotion at that time.  I have zero proof of the price change other than the form I emailed X in April.  Mark claimed he could do a "simulated" price from back in April and again I was told I had the best price... Not sure what or if there is anything I can do?  The first invoice I ever received was from Mark a few days ago, this whole situation seems very strange to me, I never receiving and invoice until a couple days ago, myself being added as both guests at some point... I did a refundable deposit, but there is no proof I can see of that (did not talk to Mark about that)  Any ideas on how to possibly correct this or am I stuck with the original price?    Thanks for any and all help.

I can understand your frustration but feel you may be stuck with your original booking prices.  You have highlighted the importance to all of us to keep copies and records of all proof we have and submit to either Celebrity or another Company.

I generally take a screen shot of a mock booking on Celebrity's site (and sometimes put it only hold and keep until I can contact celebrity or my agent)  Create a file  folder with the submission of the price match as well as proof in case a dispute occurs.

1 minute ago, SusieV said:

You'd think that would be easy proof.

The only "proof" I have is the hand written best price guarantee form I emailed in.  So it really isn't "proof" as someone could write anything they wanted on it....

57 minutes ago, Tyler414 said:

The only "proof" I have is the hand written best price guarantee form I emailed in.  So it really isn't "proof" as someone could write anything they wanted on it....

You didn't include a screenshot of the rate???

• Like 1

Surely their back end systems will have a record, it's worth calling back and enquiring, the front end agent may not be able to see but they will have a record of the other price in their systems somewhere. It may need their IT department to get it and you may be fed a story but it should be possible to get proof it existed if you persist

I have found that calling Celebrity directly and waiting for hours on the phone is considerably better than sending anything via email, no matter the subject.  Also agree that screen shots are always the best backup whenever you do anything on the website.  I have a desktop folder with all of them by trip... lol

1 hour ago, Scotman70 said:

Surely their back end systems will have a record, it's worth calling back and enquiring, the front end agent may not be able to see but they will have a record of the other price in their systems somewhere. It may need their IT department to get it and you may be fed a story but it should be possible to get proof it existed if you persist

I do plan to make another attempt before my final payment is due.  Thanks for the advice. 

On 9/14/2022 at 9:27 AM, GORDONCHICK said:

I keep a folder of all correspondence about each vacation (cruise or not) and keep it until well after the trip is over.

☝️

This.

I never assume, and taking the time to have stuff in writing has proven invaluable vs. trusting in the memory/veracity of strangers.

Just saying. 👼

cjr