Is Kracken Rum On NCL?

Tplanav1

So we booked our first NCL cruise on the escape in March 23. Typically my wife and I have always been loyal to Royal, but after the worst cruise experience ever in February when we took our toddler on his first cruise, we booked a multigenerational cruise with family for next March. That being said, I’m a big bourbon guy but every cruise I seem to resort to a Kracken and Coke Zero for my go to drink or a rum drink by the pool. Looking at the breakdown for the beverage package, I don’t see Kracken listed. Anyone know if it’s available on NCL or am I stuck with horrific college flashbacks to Captain and Coke…yes there’s a sorry and no I’m not telling.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Tplanav1 said:

So we booked our first NCL cruise on the escape in March 23. Typically my wife and I have always been loyal to Royal, but after the worst cruise experience ever in February when we took our toddler on his first cruise, we booked a multigenerational cruise with family for next March. That being said, I’m a big bourbon guy but every cruise I seem to resort to a Kracken and Coke Zero for my go to drink or a rum drink by the pool. Looking at the breakdown for the beverage package, I don’t see Kracken listed. Anyone know if it’s available on NCL or am I stuck with horrific college flashbacks to Captain and Coke…yes there’s a sorry and no I’m not telling.

Yes it is 

9 hours ago, Tplanav1 said:

horrific college flashbacks to Captain and Coke…yes there’s a sorry and no I’m not telling.

Many of my college flashbacks are inspired by the good ole Capt. Morgan! Not so sure there was Coca-Cola...anyway, I've yet to find a bar on the Getaway that has Capt. Morgan so you may be having to deal with a random "spiced rum." 

I've tried the following bars on two different cruises:

The Haven Bar

Bliss

Atrium

O'Sheehans

Bar 21

Mixx

Prime Meridian

Sugarcane (inside and out)

No luck! I've heard it's on the ship, but I sure as heck cannot find it on that ship! 

Also, please don't be like my milk man friend from a previous cruise (not really my friend) that whined and moaned and complained about NCL, while proudly proclaiming his undying love of Royal. 

I’m not a rum drinker, but saw some folks drinking it on the Getaway at the Syd Norman’s outside bar.

BTW….given you’re a bourbon drinker, they have Buffalo Trace on board, which is my “go to” bourbon (when I can find it at home).

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 3

On 9/15/2022 at 8:47 AM, graphicguy said:

I’m not a rum drinker, but saw some folks drinking it on the Getaway at the Syd Norman’s outside bar.

BTW….given you’re a bourbon drinker, they have Buffalo Trace on board, which is my “go to” bourbon (when I can find it at home).

Buffalo trace and Blantons are my usual go to as well, but living in SC you can’t find it. One of my friends passes through once every couple months coming from his girlfriends place outside Atlanta and brings me a stockpile…happy to hear it’ll be an option on the boat