Taking drinks onboard.

keithhutch

1 hour ago, keithhutch said:

Hi,what’s the rules for taking drinks onboard Cunard.I’m sure it states you can take wine/champagne onboard,can you take a bottle each with you at the start of the cruise.!

One can also “top-up” (by the case, or barrel, as wished) with champagne, beer, wine, spirits and mixers at port stops.  Cunard treat their guests and responsible adults.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, keithhutch said:

Hi,what’s the rules for taking drinks onboard Cunard.I’m sure it states you can take wine/champagne onboard,can you take a bottle each with you at the start of the cruise.!

Having the benefit of a QG bar set up, we buy our drinks from the bars, as and when needed and that includes champagne for cabin parties, but years ago when travelling with friends [solo in an inside cabin- best sleeps ever at sea 😀], I brought a box of wine with me. Very convenient and no chance of a bottle, smashing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My husband and I are just back from a 2 week Med cruise on QE and for the first time we brought out own wine. We bought 6 bottles of decent wine in Barcelona and took it down to the Britannia restaurant (shout out to the person who wanted more reviews from Britannia!) at lunch time as we wanted to drink them at dinner (3 at a time). Three different waiters asked if we were aware of the corgage fee (yes!). I can't say the looked overjoyed, but it was no problem. Oddly we paid $25 per bottle for the first 3 and $20 for the last 3. With the service charge, the expensive dollar and the Spanish 20 % IVA (VAT) thas was added it ended up a bit more expensive than I had anticipated, but well worth it. The drink prices onboard are... high. Incidentally, I noticed that few tables had wine bottles. Many ordered by the glass, and MANY stuck to water and soft drinks...

I should also add that we had an amazing holiday, and the food in Britannia was miles better than 3 years ago. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, RosannaEL said:

My husband and I are just back from a 2 week Med cruise on QE and for the first time we brought out own wine. We bought 6 bottles of decent wine in Barcelona and took it down to the Britannia restaurant (shout out to the person who wanted more reviews from Britannia!) at lunch time as we wanted to drink them at dinner (3 at a time). Three different waiters asked if we were aware of the corgage fee (yes!). I can't say the looked overjoyed, but it was no problem. Oddly we paid $25 per bottle for the first 3 and $20 for the last 3. With the service charge, the expensive dollar and the Spanish 20 % IVA (VAT) thas was added it ended up a bit more expensive than I had anticipated, but well worth it. The drink prices onboard are... high. Incidentally, I noticed that few tables had wine bottles. Many ordered by the glass, and MANY stuck to water and soft drinks...

I should also add that we had an amazing holiday, and the food in Britannia was miles better than 3 years ago. 

Next time, as a non- EU citizen, when buying wine (or anything) in the EU request a duty/tax free form, drop it off at the port Customs prior to boarding to receive a refund.  Some stores will automatically deduct.  Don’t forget to bring one’s passport as evidence.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Next time, as a non- EU citizen, when buying wine (or anything) in the EU request a duty/tax free form, drop it off at the port Customs prior to boarding to receive a refund.  Some stores will automatically deduct.  Don’t forget to bring one’s passport as evidence.

We live in Spain... 😞