NCL Spirit N.Z. cruise = $$$$!!!

craig01020

I've been exploring New Zealand cruises for Feb. 2024 on all the mainstream cruise lines. The NCL Spirit is priced thousands more that other mainstream cruise lines for a balcony cabin! For example: Celebrity Edge 10-day NZ cruise = $5,400 w/gratuities; NCL Spirit 12-day NZ cruise = $8,400 w/bev pkg.

I'd like to sail on the Spirit, but I can't justify spending over 50% more!

18 minutes ago, craig01020 said:

Celebrity Edge 10-day NZ cruise = $5,400 w/gratuities; NCL Spirit 12-day NZ cruise = $8,400 w/bev pkg.

You just need to drink $3000 worth of booze and the books will balance.  Next?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

36 minutes ago, craig01020 said:

I've been exploring New Zealand cruises for Feb. 2024 on all the mainstream cruise lines. The NCL Spirit is priced thousands more that other mainstream cruise lines for a balcony cabin! For example: Celebrity Edge 10-day NZ cruise = $5,400 w/gratuities; NCL Spirit 12-day NZ cruise = $8,400 w/bev pkg.

February 2024? The price will change at least 292 times by then.

1 hour ago, craig01020 said:

It doesn't make up the difference, but you do get 20% more cruise on the Spirit...

I also see that the Feb 2023 NZ cruise on Celebrity (Eclipse not Edge) is priced much closer to NCL, which is about the same in 2023 and 2024.  Maybe this is just NCL's market to fill strategy compared to whatever pricing model Celebrity uses.  Also, Spirit is not such a big ship so there are fewer cabins available, at least compared to Edge.

1 hour ago, craig01020 said:

Well, if you can't justify it then simply choose the cruise on the Edge. Seems like a no-brainer type of decision...I'm not sure what the issue could be. 🤷‍♂️

I think it is supply and demand.

NCL only has 1 ship cruising in AU & NZ, comparing with 4 ships of Princess and 3 ships of P&O Australia...

Also NCL Spirit is a smaller ship, and with fewer balcony cabins by proportion. That's why NCL decides to mark up the price if the balcony cabins are booked fast.

14 hours ago, craig01020 said:

I booked it the day it was available.

I am half that price.