Hey Shrek...can you please call off Fiona?

island lady

15 minutes ago, island lady said:

Luckily RCI made the right decision to change our Harmony from eastern to  western.   Regular summer day over here along the Mexican coast.  Calm seas.  

But very, very humid and warm.  

And next week there will likely be one somewhere in the gulf. Just hoping it doesn't curve and cross over central Florida (from a selfish perspective).

• Like 1

16 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

And next week there will likely be one somewhere in the gulf. Just hoping it doesn't curve and cross over central Florida (from a selfish perspective).

From what I can see online weather, TD#9 is south of Haiti/DR....and supposed to head north through the Gulf...which is very warm water right now.  Anything headed westbound may be in trouble...as Harmony is once again doing westbound next week.  😲

We were not able to fuel up in St. Maarten this week due to course change, and Cozumel could not fuel us.  Soooo...we are doing a quick 3 am stop on Saturday in Ft. Lauderdale to bring on fuel.  Another port of call!  (no shore leave though).  😉 

11 minutes ago, island lady said:

From what I can see online weather, TD#9 is south of Haiti/DR....and supposed to head north through the Gulf...which is very warm water right now.  Anything headed westbound may be in trouble...as Harmony is once again doing westbound next week.  😲

The track as of this morning has it coming straight through FL now. Can and will likely change in the next few days as we know but not pretty for central FL right now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

The track as of this morning has it coming straight through FL now. Can and will likely change in the next few days as we know but not pretty for central FL right now.

Batten down the hatches me Matey!!   We leave for Barcelona to meet up with Wonder on 10/13.  Will still give us time to button up the bungalow after we get home on Sunday.  

Remember Charlie?  He sure liked to tear things up mid state back then.  Eeeeek!  Hope this is not a repeat.  😱

4 minutes ago, island lady said:

Batten down the hatches me Matey!!   We leave for Barcelona to meet up with Wonder on 10/13.  Will still give us time to button up the bungalow after we get home on Sunday.  

Remember Charlie?  He sure liked to tear things up mid state back then.  Eeeeek!  Hope this is not a repeat.  😱

I won't go into my hurricane life story. Short version... Being so landlocked here near Disney, the hurricanes really aren't a huge deal, but our house has water intrusion issues due to poor construction  and we haven't been able to solve the problem after 20 years. (There was a class action suit the builder settled after the multiple 2004 hurricanes but I would have gladly traded the payment for a waterproof house). I might need more than my D voucher drinks on our 10/24 Indy cruise!

• Like 1

We need bottled water, just by coincidence, and Publix has Aquafina buy two, get one free.  We are heading there soon, hopefully before all the people who panic when they hear “Florida” and “hurricane” in the same sentence.  Meanwhile, I am checking on Bermuda again before I apply for the Travel Authorizations for October 16.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

We need bottled water

That's the only thing my wife drinks so when there's a sale I stock up. We usually have at least 10 cases on hand regardless of weather, lol. I went to Publix earlier (routine trip) and just about every cart I saw had water in it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

That's the only thing my wife drinks so when there's a sale I stock up. We usually have at least 10 cases on hand regardless of weather, lol. I went to Publix earlier (routine trip) and just about every cart I saw had water in it.

We asked the guy in charge of that area to put it in the cart for us.  He said he had stocked four pallets during the night and they were gone already (11 a.m.).  Here we go again!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

We need bottled water, just by coincidence, and Publix has Aquafina buy two, get one free.  We are heading there soon, hopefully before all the people who panic when they hear “Florida” and “hurricane” in the same sentence.  Meanwhile, I am checking on Bermuda again before I apply for the Travel Authorizations for October 16.  

Same thing when just before we left.  Dasani 2/1 purchase at Publix.  🙂