Using Emed do you need to sign up for navica app

bobolz

I’m testing today and want to make sure I don’t have to sign up using Navica as well. SS says all that is needed is a certificate with your name, the date of the test and the result. And to provide in digital or printed form. If someone can confirm that would be great. Thanks 

Thanks Herman and Lois-

I was told I did not need it, however, my mom accidentally completed her Emed but did not load her middle name and the proctor she had did not alert her that she was missing it when she showed her ID. The proctor my dad had did notice he was missing it and he had to edit his name in his Emed acct. Do you know if you need the full name on the test results? I don’t want her to have to go through another test again. the Emed account setup was not clear it just asks for first name . 

thanks if anyone can respond. 

Agree that the Navica app doesn't seem to do much - if you start a test from within the app, you still need to sign into your eMed account to continue the process.

One caveat - the Navica App is only available for download from the United States. So if you're like us and didn't think to download it until it was time to take your test in Paris, the night before departure, you have to get creative in order to download it. The Android store will not let you download the app unless it thinks you're on a US network (hint hint).

17 hours ago, Herman The Cat said:

I never had a problem with getting the full name on the EMed account. When you set up the account you need your full name. Not sure what happened with your mother. But yes, you will need your full name on the test results.

Where and when are you cruising?

Agree Herman, there is no issue with loading your full name , but the Emed. Form displays  section for first and last name, not full name as on your ID. Good news is that we were able to contact emed help desk and they were able to send an amended certificate. So we should be good to board tomorrow. 

2 hours ago, bobolz said:

Agree Herman, there is no issue with loading your full name , but the Emed. Form displays  section for first and last name, not full name as on your ID. Good news is that we were able to contact emed help desk and they were able to send an amended certificate. So we should be good to board tomorrow. 

I have never had any trouble with the eMed receipt showing only first and last names (even though our passport also include a middle name).

Well you were right Jazz, they barely checked. So full name does not seem to be an issue, in fact they gave us back the test results, thought  they would keep that along with the passports. Oh well, no worries now  on board, sailing away! 

thanks everyone! 

• Like 2

We just wasted 1.5 hours of life each doing Emed for a cruise going out of Canada.  First we had to reregister each of our accounts because it had been a few months since we used Emed (and the last time we tired, we got an application error so I'd had to hunt down a foreign pharmacy open on a Sunday that would do it, very inconvenient), apparently Navica just deletes old  passwords after a few months.Then the gal in Fili who answered our call transposed my month and year of birth (likely due to dyslexia) and declared my attempt at a test ineligible because my ID did not match what they had on file and told me to edit my birthdate and call back. After reaffirming my birthdate was correct, and not in need of editing, we called back, and the new gal in India proceded with the test, which was completed as negative, but then when the certificate was sent online I could not get the pdf with results to open using the birthdate as password because the system had apparently again transposed the month and year of birth (so on a guess we entered the likely transposition, and it worked). .

DH also had to set up a brand new account, and got dumped off several times.

Finally, we have our e-results.  

What a waste of time and money.  We already knew we were negative (or as negative as you can be) from self-testing for this cold virus, on top of lack of symptoms.

At least we no longer need a test to get back to the U.S. post-cruise (we'll see how long that pleasantry lasts). 

• Haha 1

Sorry to hear catlover of your experience. Our experience was time consuming as well.  A couple of hours between 4 of of us. I did the first test  to help my parents walk through the process.   The challenge for us was  using our cellphone, my screen width was too narrow , it did not allow me to view the entire screen , so we did not see the timer nor the message that I was disconnected. Also  Both my DH and I heard proctor say someone would come back on in 15 min to read the results, we never heard her say that we had to scroll down to hit a button “I’m ready” so I got disconnected. When found the link to reconnect, they started the timer ALL  over again, so another 15 min. I was annoyed because I thought if any further delays my test results would  expire and would have to retake. However this time, I clearly saw the timer on the screen, so I think, initially ,  I was disconnected almost immediately and didn’t know it.  When finally finished, I immediately contacted my parents to have them start testing to avoid any further delays. At same time, I added my DH to my account and he breezed through his test. My parents experience as mentioned above added more time, but in the end it worked out. Good luck to everyone else. Hope your experience goes more smoothly. 

• Thanks 1