Celebrity water bottle or can?

fenton04

6 minutes ago, Lena11033 said:

I personally had no issuees opening the water bottle 🤷‍♀️

It doesn't happen every time.  I opened a number of them before I cut myself on it.  I don't know if it's the bottle or how one holds it or the the time of day or whether we're heading NNW or what.  Well, it's obvious that how one holds it has something to do with it, because you need to have your thumb (or whatever) over where the cap joins the sealing ring.  The cut comes from a burr that occurs when you crack the seal.

I learned to hold my thumb a little higher on the cap.

1 minute ago, DCPIV said:

It doesn't happen every time.  I opened a number of them before I cut myself on it.  I don't know if it's the bottle or how one holds it or the the time of day or whether we're heading NNW or what.  Well, it's obvious that how one holds it has something to do with it, because you need to have your thumb (or whatever) over where the cap joins the sealing ring.  The cut comes from a burr that occurs when you crack the seal.

I learned to hold my thumb a little higher on the cap.

Well I'm not taking any risks already getting a bit of arthritis in my finger plus the fact that  I'm sailing solo. Either the bartender opens it or I do without.  Celebrity needs to come up with something better. 

On 9/18/2022 at 5:04 AM, drakes2 said:

I have read many reports of people cutting themselves on the metal. Celebrity really needs to change permanently. 

I agree those cans can be really sharp.   I always use a hand towel to protect myself from getting cut.