Release of Covid cabins

Dar & Bob

We have been looking at cruises in the Caribbean for November of this year.  A couple of weeks ago many of them were "waitlist" only.  We booked the Sky and there were very few cabins available.  Just this week there is now availability on the sold out cruises and many more available on the rest.  When looking at the cabins available specifically on our cruise, the majority of them are on Dolphin port side.  I glanced at a couple of the sold out cruises and it looks similar.  I am wondering if Princess is done with holding cabins for covid quarantine.  Anyone else notice this?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Dar & Bob said:

We have been looking at cruises in the Caribbean for November of this year.  A couple of weeks ago many of them were "waitlist" only.  We booked the Sky and there were very few cabins available.  Just this week there is now availability on the sold out cruises and many more available on the rest.  When looking at the cabins available specifically on our cruise, the majority of them are on Dolphin port side.  I glanced at a couple of the sold out cruises and it looks similar.  I am wondering if Princess is done with holding cabins for covid quarantine.  Anyone else notice this?

On the Royal last month the entire port side of Dolphin was covid cabins. Not sure about starboard. Yes we were in quarantine otherwise known as covid hell

My cruise has been "unavailable " for a couple of months. Opened up again for bookings a few days ago. Tried to see a pattern but cabins are scattered. Mostly balconies and suites available,  a lot more expensive from when I booked.  Also, the upgrade e mail came; again bidding is higher than i would have previously paid. 

Our cruise (12 November Sky) has been sold out for many months.  We have been trying to convince my Mum to join us, but not likely as it is still sold out :-(.  If we can convince her, she may need to join us in our suite.

For last two months the whole fleet has slowly been transfering required crew to the US west coast to staff the restarts of the  Sapphire and Diamond, and most of the "currently unavailble" status's fleet wide were as a precaution for any potential under staffing in relation to passenger counts vs. required crew