Number of dress your best/formal nights on a 15 night cruise & do men wear jackets?

gillian762

On 9/18/2022 at 2:37 PM, gillian762 said:

How many dress your best/ dress to impress/ formal nights will there be?

On Celebrity, there are none. Pretty much the only difference between "smart casual" and "chic" nights is the number of photographers taking up space.

On our last cruise (Greenland/Iceland), I saw exactly two men with jackets, and one of them had to be a joke (yellow and green plaid). Other than that, nobody dressed any differently. It's too bad because we like to dress up. I used to take a tux and two sets of tails on longer cruises, but we now reserve that for Cunard and Silversea. I even wore a top hat once, but those are too hard to travel with.

Edited by mahasamatman

During the past 12 months we have cruised with Celebrity for 96 days, either in a suite or in an Aqua cabin, except for 16 days on the Apex in a SV. On chic nights I wear a button down dress shirt (no tie) and dockers, and my DW wears whatever she wants, and we both have always felt comfortable when dining in either Luminae or Blu. But if you want to dress up, and there are some that do, that’s wonderful. But just don’t feel you have to because you don’t.

• Like 2

I was on Millennium for the Panama Canal cruise in the spring. I do think folks got a little more dressed up on this than on my 10 night Millennium sailings in the Caribbean the month before. The pace of the canal cruises is slower and people are generally bringing more luggage anyway since it’s such a long trip, especially with hotel stays either side if desired. There was also a demographical swing on this cruise to an older set, which might mean people who prefer to dress more traditionally or enjoy doing so more on vacation than those who are having to dress up for work each day and want to escape that when away (although that’s all a bit different now post-pandemic). 

We had two chic nights - the first sea day, and then Cabo which was out second to last night, the last day being a sea day and packing day. 

Curiously this cruise also chose not to run the evening seating in Le Petit Chef at all - only one early seating which was filling up regularly - perhaps suggesting they should have done the second as well like the month before. Not sure if staffing played into that, but where could those staff be going halfway through the dinner shift that’s useful? Also, Sushi on 5 seemed even more empty on this cruise and the Maitre d was quite eager to get folks in if at all possible.

Loved the canal, the favorite crew, and the refurbished Millennium. 

• Like 1

On 9/18/2022 at 8:56 PM, jelayne said:

That has been on the website forever but every cruise we have been on 10 days or more has had 3 EC nights.

I agree.  Every extended cruise for us has had 3 even though the website says 2.

638FD0F5-0773-4C16-9E84-634A37958901.thu

Jan 2019 Reflection