Question about On Point Covid rapid testing

nicky6425

1 hour ago, longironjake said:

I purchased an OnPoint virtural test order yesterday, and have not been able to schedule an appointment with them yet.  Only response to my chat inquiry was an email that had a scheduling web link that did not work.  My credit card has a pending charge on it.  Calls go unanswered to a recording.  I am going to dispute the charge and probable book a covid rapid test at the Barcelona Airport when we land for $30 euros each.

Same exact experience except my 2 emails have gone unanswered.  I never got an email link to schedule an appointment.  I used Onpoint this in August and everything went so smoothly.

On 9/19/2022 at 6:20 PM, Jim_Iain said:

I also used them for my cruise about a month ago.  They were very efficient and I had the certificate in my email before I got off the phone with the agent. 

May favorite part was that we could both take the test on the same call at the same time.

Jim, If I  recall there was a slight glitch with trying to make your first appointment. Is my memory correct that you had to purchase 2 more appointments and then dispute the charge for the first set of tests. I'm boarding the Summit on Oct 3rd and having trouble making an appointment even though I purchased them yesterday.  Thanks!

Mary Ann 

On 9/19/2022 at 7:36 PM, Coloradohawk said:

How many days in advance do they take appointments?  We’re leaving from Boston on Oct. 3 and want to take the tests on Oct. 1.

You can make the appointment weeks ahead or minutes ahead.  Up to you.     I did mine about a week in advance.

10 hours ago, IWillGoAnywhere26 said:

Jim, If I  recall there was a slight glitch with trying to make your first appointment. Is my memory correct that you had to purchase 2 more appointments and then dispute the charge for the first set of tests. I'm boarding the Summit on Oct 3rd and having trouble making an appointment even though I purchased them yesterday.  Thanks!

Mary Ann 

You are correct.  My first appointment I tried to change the appointment and everything got screwed up.    I eventually paid for and booked another with no problems.   I filed a dispute on my credit card as I could never get them to respond to my email.

While I did have a glitch I actually loved the service when it worked.    Even if I had ended up paying for both it was still cheaper and easier than eMed

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

You are correct.  My first appointment I tried to change the appointment and everything got screwed up.    I eventually paid for and booked another with no problems.   I filed a dispute on my credit card as I could never get them to respond to my email.

While I did have a glitch I actually loved the service when it worked.    Even if I had ended up paying for both it was still cheaper and easier than eMed

@Jim_lain Thanks, Jim!  I agree with you. It was so smooth when we had our actual zoom appointment. The tech was delightful and we had our results before she signed off. I may try to start fresh and see if I can get it to work. 

Edited by IWillGoAnywhere26

On 9/22/2022 at 10:52 AM, longironjake said:

I purchased an OnPoint virtural test order yesterday, and have not been able to schedule an appointment with them yet.  Only response to my chat inquiry was an email that had a scheduling web link that did not work.  My credit card has a pending charge on it.  Calls go unanswered to a recording.  I am going to dispute the charge and probable book a covid rapid test at the Barcelona Airport when we land for $30 euros each.

I don't know if this will be of any help, but I finally got through to Onpoint through their toll free number. I had to call several times but finally got that delightful "on hold music." After about 8 minutes an agent came on and promptly made my appointments for me. So you may want to try again 1-800-960-0553

• Like 2

Tried to do an OnPoint testing appointment, but keep getting a bizarre, strange message on the screen.  So am now doing an in-person, proctored test the morning before we fly to Rome.

Here's the weird message that keeps appearing on "onpoint-testing.com".  

Hi! I'M Sherif Mohamed Gadallah! I'm the CEO of OnPoint Testing, and I'm an a**hole. Remember the VMAs that assisted you with your tests? I kicked them out and didn't pay them s*** that's why there's no one answering your Zoom meetings. And for your refunds. Don't expect that you'll get anything back cuz that's what I do. I'll just get everyone's money and run away with it same with your personal information and credit card details. By the way, feel free to send me calls and gifts. Here's my contact number. +1 (914) 602-7093. And my address is 2435 N Central Expy, Richardson, Texas 75080.

SO LONG SUCKERS!

1 minute ago, carpese said:

Tried to do an OnPoint testing appointment, but keep getting a bizarre, strange message on the screen.  So am now doing an in-person, proctored test the morning before we fly to Rome.

Here's the weird message that keeps appearing on "onpoint-testing.com".  

Hi! I'M Sherif Mohamed Gadallah! I'm the CEO of OnPoint Testing, and I'm an a**hole. Remember the VMAs that assisted you with your tests? I kicked them out and didn't pay them s*** that's why there's no one answering your Zoom meetings. And for your refunds. Don't expect that you'll get anything back cuz that's what I do. I'll just get everyone's money and run away with it same with your personal information and credit card details. By the way, feel free to send me calls and gifts. Here's my contact number. +1 (914) 602-7093. And my address is 2435 N Central Expy, Richardson, Texas 75080.

SO LONG SUCKERS!

I was about to post the same thing.  I tried 3 times and that is the only thing I could get.

21 minutes ago, jelayne said:

I was about to post the same thing.  I tried 3 times and that is the only thing I could get.

Uh-oh, Something is definitely up. This is the message I just got. Guess I shouldn't count on my virtual appointment happening on October 1.

Forbidden

Access to this resource on the server is denied!

Assuming they have been hacked I would be concerned about the customer info that may have been taken.

I was going to book appointments but now I think I will stick with eMed.  We have both eMed tests and free government tests.  The free test kits of 4 tests are about 60% the size of 1 eMed kit so would have  take up less space in our carry on.  

32 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Assuming they have been hacked I would be concerned about the customer info that may have been taken.

I was going to book appointments but now I think I will stick with eMed.  We have both eMed tests and free government tests.  The free test kits of 4 tests are about 60% the size of 1 eMed kit so would have  take up less space in our carry on.  

You're smart! Now one more thing to worry about!

9 hours ago, jelayne said:

Me too for same reasons. I have the BinaxNow tests but those boxes are huge when I'm only taking carryon. I was going to pay for this today and take the smaller tests but now I'm glad I had not got to it.

8 minutes ago, Coloradohawk said:

I just didn’t trust OnPoint after the hack was shown.  We went ahead and scheduled a test with life centers.  Cost me another $18+ but figured it was worth it if OnPoint didn’t come through.

I know, still trying to decide what to do. What is life centers? Assuming it's a local in person facility.

We tried to use them for virtual appointment while in Quebec last week. I had paid and scheduled appointment weeks before. I was sent a faulty link and could not get online for virtual test. Trying to call was futile spending several  hours on hold. Do not use them.  I requested a refund and have been told there are no refunds. Plan to pursue it with my credit card company.