Majestic Speciality Dining prices - is this correct?

Looking on Medallion App for future Majestic Princess cruises - domestic - and all three speciality dining venues on the booking page, including Crown Grill, are showing a cover charge of $29. Is this correct? Or is this in USD? I'm sure steakhouse was $40 AUD on Coral recently.

34 minutes ago, Tripmode33 said:

Looking on Medallion App for future Majestic Princess cruises - domestic - and all three speciality dining venues on the booking page, including Crown Grill, are showing a cover charge of $29. Is this correct? Or is this in USD? I'm sure steakhouse was $40 AUD on Coral recently.

If the app says $29 then that's what you'll be charged if you book prior to your cruise. It will be AUD.

I can't be sure, as there is no US or AU prefix in front of the price. The current price in the US for US dollar cruises is $29US, but I don't know how your card will be charged if you pre-purchase. $AU29 would be a bonus if that is the case, and your best chance to snag a bargain if you are charged that way. I am not game to click one button to many to see if it shows differently in the shopping cart.

I don't think the app has the ability to handle 2 different currencies, and the ship is currently operating on US currency, but I expect they will change to $AU40 when the ship arrives here and changes to our local currency onboard.

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

I can't be sure, as there is no US or AU prefix in front of the price. The current price in the US for US dollar cruises is $29US, but I don't know how your card will be charged if you pre-purchase. $AU29 would be a bonus if that is the case, and your best chance to snag a bargain if you are charged that way. I am not game to click one button to many to see if it shows differently in the shopping cart.

I don't think the app has the ability to handle 2 different currencies, and the ship is currently operating on US currency, but I expect they will change to $AU40 when the ship arrives here and changes to our local currency onboard.

That makes sense. Thanks. I have a cruise on Grand too so I imagine that will be the same situation when I check.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tripmode33 said:

That makes sense. Thanks. I have a cruise on Grand too so I imagine that will be the same situation when I check.

As mentioned above, some were able to prebook for $29 on Coral before she arrived. It would be nice if they had AU mentioned when booking though.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VanessaNJ said:

Booked and paid for my dining on majestic for my December cruise and yes, it was $29pp. 

Yep, me too for my November cruise on Majestic.  I booked 2 speciality restaurants and was charged Au$29 per person, and my credit card was debited almost immediately. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CCC's said:

Yep, me too for my November cruise on Majestic.  I booked 2 speciality restaurants and was charged Au$29 per person, and my credit card was debited almost immediately. 

Awesome. I have one complimentary one booked in, but at that price I better look closer at the other 2 menus.  UBD is not on the app, but might be a good time for me to look on the personaliser to see if the price bubble is there for that too.