Can we request a particular alcohol be available onboard?

They won't buy it and put it in the shipping container that is sent out to re-provision. They will get the request on-board, wherever the ship is, and the F&B or Bar Manager will send a crew member out to look for it locally. As it appears to not be a mainstream brand (what do I know?) and it is not very expensive, I thought it might be easier to bring a bottle. They will probably find it if they are in the USA but overseas...who knows.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pcardad said:

They won't buy it and put it in the shipping container that is sent out to re-provision. They will get the request on-board, wherever the ship is, and the F&B or Bar Manager will send a crew member out to look for it locally. As it appears to not be a mainstream brand (what do I know?) and it is not very expensive, I thought it might be easier to bring a bottle. They will probably find it if they are in the USA but overseas...who knows.

That's interesting.  My TA was doubtful about my request for particular brands of NA beer.  Since we board in Miami, can I assume they will go off and shop at the local Total Wines or Publix?  (I'm thinking of bringing my own, btw.)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

That's interesting.  My TA was doubtful about my request for particular brands of NA beer.  Since we board in Miami, can I assume they will go off and shop at the local Total Wines or Publix?  (I'm thinking of bringing my own, btw.)

If they decide to honor the request, that is how they will probably do it. 

• Like 2

First of all, they will have better brandies than Korbel. Second, if you ask at least a month in advance you will likely get it. My best advice is that since you are on vacation and they will have options, sit at the bar and try the several brandy options and you might find a new favorite. I would not bother to bring something on board when you are on an "open bar" ship. Either way, enjoy your trip.

I have a similar question regarding alcohol.  My husband enjoys White Russians made with Kahlua.  I was wondering if we should bring that with us on our cruise out of Miami. This will be a sort of "mini-cruise" for us as we had to cancel our Northern Europe cruise in August because I came down with Covid.  On that cruise we took advantage of the upgrade and we were booked in.a Penthouse with a butler. But, since we live in FL, we decided to just grab a 7 day and only book a Superior Suite.  Do all the suites get stocked with liquor if one asks for it?  Thank you, all, for your help.

7 minutes ago, exlandlubber said:

I have a similar question regarding alcohol.  My husband enjoys White Russians made with Kahlua.  I was wondering if we should bring that with us on our cruise out of Miami. This will be a sort of "mini-cruise" for us as we had to cancel our Northern Europe cruise in August because I came down with Covid.  On that cruise we took advantage of the upgrade and we were booked in.a Penthouse with a butler. But, since we live in FL, we decided to just grab a 7 day and only book a Superior Suite.  Do all the suites get stocked with liquor if one asks for it?  Thank you, all, for your help.

You can request a specific alcohol in advance, if it's not usually stocked.  They may or may not get that for you.  I would imagine Kahlua would be something that would normally be stocked, but it doesn't hurt to ask.  The normal suites are stocked with liquor after boarding, as opposed to requesting it in advance, which is true for PH's and named suites. You just ask your room steward.

Edited by Wendy The Wanderer
  • Like 1

Be specific on the request and they will try to make it happen.   My husband likes the diet version of fever tree tonic,  he did get some of those and than it switched to a no name brand.  He was ok with that.  I asked for cub soda, I don’t really care who makes it.  The first few days I got cub soda, but than it switched to something I never heard of, but it wasn’t cub soda, more like seltzer, which I hate.   So be very specific and hope you get it.  

• Like 1