Nov 26 Cruise from Lisbon`

mgfraser

57 minutes ago, labonnevie said:

Nothing in Lisbon is far from the cruise terminal. That said, I would recommend a downtown location. We loved the Avenida Palace hotel in 2019. About 10 - 15 minutes to the cruise terminal. 

Great hotel

nancy

We are also departing November 26 from Lisbon on Seabourn!  Maybe see you onboard?

Been to Lisbon a few times with a couple of pre/post cruise . Lisbon is relatively small and the city is close to the airport. It has hotels for all tastes - we prefer the smaller "personal" ones if it is other than an overnight.

Our most memorable stay was some 10+ years ago post cruise at what we would call a Boutique Hotel today, Palacete Chafariz D'El Rei,  https://chafarizdelrei.com/en/hotel   a former palace that was  still being renovated then. It was a Palace! Rooms magnificent, views wonderful, and attention amazing. However, like many smaller European hotels, it is essentially Bed & Breakfast, but there are many excellent restaurants nearby.

Do not stay at the Raddison Blu near the airport - we did a day stay there earlier this year after a  very early flight arrival. It is not near anything and there was poor to mediocre food and service.

This trip we are just over-nighting in Lisbon - not arriving till the early evening before - so using up some of the numerous Hilton points I have accumulated and staying at the Emerald House, which is near the cruise terminal.

My wife and I stayed at the Four Seasons Hotel Ritz prior to our last Seabourn cruise from Lisbon.  It was WONDERFUL!  Totally walkable to most points in the city.  Absolutely superior service, food, rooms, amenities.  Just what you would expect of a Four Seasons anywhere else in the world.  We would stay there again in a heartbeat.  Kind of like a Seabourn ship, except it's on land.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...