Daily Programme image

Oceanviewer22

Respectfully disagree.  Hard copies of "Passages" are very useful as reminders of that day's activities; specialty restaurant availability for lunch; and entertainment options.  Also, great to have these as colorful memories to review at home long after that particular segment has ended.  

GOARMY!

• Like 13

1 hour ago, forevertravel said:

I agree with GoArmy. I want a paper copy of Passages. We look at before going to bed. I'm tired of everything being online. We keep them to remind us of places visited and to add with names as we review our pictures.

We like to go over the paper copy of  Passages after dinner and plan the next day marking what we are interested in doing or checking out. Agree there is to much stuff on line…. Hard to keep up with at times.

• Like 2

I'd certainly like it if the Passages were available in a Regent app.  Since they don't have one, I guess it's not going to happen.  Having them online via a browser isn't as useful, especially when the day is crowded with activities--we often carry ours around on the ship if we're participating in several activities.

• Like 1

Once they put it online, it should be a simple matter to offer it both on a mobile app and available to download via a website.   I like the paper copy and dont want to give that up, but it would be great to have it electronically as well.  I think they should do all of the above.  An electronic version would be much easier to take home for a souvenir and also to share on CC.

• Like 2

Don’t get me wrong,  I’m in IT and I spend all day looking at a computer, but I rather read a real newspaper, because the eyes would like a break.  However,  on a cruise,  I don’t want to run back  to room see what was on the piece of paper,  or carry the paper around with me and if you take the thing home, your kids one day will just have to throw the crap out - take a screen shot if you really need to see where you have been. 

Rather see it on app on my phone or online.  From a pure environment perspective - it is rather wasteful.  

• Like 2

Having done an Avalon Rhine river cruise earlier this year, Avalon have an app with everything on, even the menus ( they would bring you a printed menu but were very much promoting the app use). The only issue I have is that I am still of the mindset that it is rude looking at your mobile during a meal and so the fact that everyone (including me 😂) kept getting their phone out to check things went against the grain 😜.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have no problem with having Passages printed on paper. In truth, I'm tired of always being tied to a computer, laptop, tablet, or a smart phone all the time. Also, I don't think it's a waste of paper at all. Paper is a renewable resource; Trees are not cut down to produce paper and forests left barren. They are continually managed for sustainability. 

Edited by lastchamp64
  • Like 2

Since I'm not tied to my cell as most people are, and my cell goes in the safe while cruising and does not come out till end of cruise I don't want an app. I'm tired of apps and everything on line. I do hope Regent does not change passages from hard copy to digital. I think everyone is taking for granted that everyone is technology savvy and that's not the case. I have seen plenty of people who do not know how to use a cell phone or only use it for phone calls.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, forevertravel said:

Since I'm not tied to my cell as most people are, and my cell goes in the safe while cruising and does not come out till end of cruise I don't want an app. I'm tired of apps and everything on line. I do hope Regent does not change passages from hard copy to digital. I think everyone is taking for granted that everyone is technology savvy and that's not the case. I have seen plenty of people who do not know how to use a cell phone or only use it for phone calls.

My husband and I feel this way also. We can and do use computers and cell phones very day. On. Cruises we give them a welcome rest retiring them to the safe to be used in an emergency.

We do not walk around the ship phone in hand. I do carry the actives page folded up around during the day with things mark that interest. 
When on Carnival are RCL with the grandkids, it is a pain to always have to go online somewhere/how to see what is happening. For the price Regent charges they can afford to have paper daily programs for those of us who like them and on-line to for those that can’t live with out they phones and an app.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, indigosea said:

Actually am on Seabourn right now and there is no paper like Passages. All online and it takes awhile to figure out. Everyone is on their devices. My husband hates it so we went to computer centre and printed out daily activities. 

They will deliver the Herald and daily menus in paper format if requested. 
I am pretty computer savvy but I don’t like be forced to look at a small phone screen for every bit of information while on board. I sincerely hope Regent does not follow Seabourn on this approach. 

• Like 1