2024 brochure

silversurf

5 hours ago, LandC said:

Are there any interesting itineraries? (Apart from the usual Canaries and Fjords cruises).  South America would be good 😊 

Mostly the usual Winter fare, Canaries, Northern Lights etc. Plus a four week no fly to the Caribbean in January. But there is also a four week cruise in February which combines the usual fare of Spain, Madeira, Canaries and Azores with Agadir and Casablanca in Morocco, Banjul in Gambia and Dakar in Senagal.

Many thanks Denarius.  The African ports look interesting.  We have pre-registered for April to December 2024 so will wait and see what is on offer later in the year before booking.  Hopefully we will hear from Saga before Christmas!

2 hours ago, LandC said:

Many thanks Denarius.  The African ports look interesting.  We have pre-registered for April to December 2024 so will wait and see what is on offer later in the year before booking.  Hopefully we will hear from Saga before Christmas!

When I moved my 2023 pre-registered deposit to 2024 I didn't know there were two brochures: winter and summer.  I assumed that my 2023 deposit would transfer to the 2024 summer itineraries.  However, I have received the email for the winter cruises.  I'm hoping now that I won't go to the back of the queue for the summer itineraries!

Incidentally, there is a 22 night Adriatic cruise over the Easter holidays in the winter brochure which I don't think has been mentioned.

Edited by Medeba
typo
  • Like 1

Thanks Medeba.  From looking at previous posts on this thread, I think you will probably need to pre-register for April - December cruises  (see post #20).  Or perhaps you could transfer your pre-registration fee?  Probably best to check with Saga!

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, LandC said:

Thanks Medeba.  From looking at previous posts on this thread, I think you will probably need to pre-register for April - December cruises  (see post #20).  Or perhaps you could transfer your pre-registration fee?  Probably best to check with Saga!

Thanks for your advice.  I managed to transfer my pre-registration fee to Summer 2024. I was told that the Summer 2024 brochure would be available early in the New Year (I assumed that was for pre-registered customers).

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The January to March 2024 cruises are now available to book online, so Saga must have finished contacting everyone who pre-registered.

I’m looking forward to receiving details of the April to December 2024 cruises - I do hope that there are some interesting itineraries!  

• Like 4

On 11/21/2022 at 1:32 PM, LandC said:

The January to March 2024 cruises are now available to book online, so Saga must have finished contacting everyone who pre-registered.

I’m looking forward to receiving details of the April to December 2024 cruises - I do hope that there are some interesting itineraries!  

I was able to pre-register this week for the April-Dec 2024 cruises. They told me I could expect to get an email late March or early April about what will be available. Timing is good since I will be going on my first Saga cruise(s) in the first half of May.

9 hours ago, GerryL13 said:

I was able to pre-register this week for the April-Dec 2024 cruises. They told me I could expect to get an email late March or early April about what will be available. Timing is good since I will be going on my first Saga cruise(s) in the first half of May.

Don't be surprised if it is late - Saga rarely manage to get their schedules out when they say they will.

However - based on my previous experience, which is probably still the same  - if you are on a Saga cruise when your call time comes round, you won't lose your slot.

You'll get a message in your cabin to contact the on-board cruise sales office to discuss your options, and it can be discussed, selected and booked on board in exactly the same way as the telephone call received at home.

I slate Saga (quite a lot, and justifiably) but there are many things they definitely do do better than other lines.

• Like 1

Every fortnight or so I receive stuff in the post from Saga about cruises, and have had my usual mailing today - but about 2023 cruises. I haven't received anything in the post yet about 2024. Has anyone? 

I can access this online, but I do like to have a printed cruise calendar. Are we supposed to do everything online these days? 

3 hours ago, Vivaldi said:

Every fortnight or so I receive stuff in the post from Saga about cruises, and have had my usual mailing today - but about 2023 cruises. I haven't received anything in the post yet about 2024. Has anyone? 

I can access this online, but I do like to have a printed cruise calendar. Are we supposed to do everything online these days? 

Same here - no brochure for 2024, just another for 2023 received by my wife today. Although I do all the bookings Saga like to send the brochures addressed to my wife 😀

Edited by david05

• 3 weeks later...

I had a phone conversation yesterday with a query regarding one of our booked cruises.
Whilst on the phone I mentioned that we had pre-registered for April to December 2024 cruises, and asked when we could expect to receive an ebrochure with details of itineraries.  The Saga rep said she understood that this would happen next month.  We’ll wait and see! 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I am very disappointed that the release of the 2024 summer brochure appears to be delayed until March.  I was told on my Saga cruise in August that it would be in December, it then moved to January and now it's March.  Last year's brochure was issued in March but I was hopeful that Saga had got its act together this year particularly as some other cruise lines have issued their schedules up to mid 2025.  I have been delaying booking another cruise in anticipation of the 2024 brochure; it's all so frustrating.

I have been following this subject on another site.  When I pre-registered (September 2020) I was told late 2022.   When I enquired last month whilst on the phone I was told January 2023.  However, It appears that some people were told March 2023! 

I agree it is very frustrating.   I think Saga have recruited more staff to handle calls, so hopefully we will hear something soon.

• Like 1

We did our first Saga cruise on SOD in August last year and were sufficiently impressed to pre-register for the Summer 2024 season.

From those who have experience of the pre-registration process, can you explain the procedure. Am I correct in thinking that you receive an email with an outline of the new itineraries for Summer 2024 and this is followed by a telephone call to confirm your interest in one or more cruises and take a deposit payment accordingly. The gap between email and phone call will depend on where you are in the queue based on the date you pre-registered.

My question stems from a concern that the release date has now stretched potentially into March 2023. We have a holiday planned in Cyprus at the beginning of March. While I will be able to access my emails when away, I'm a bit more concerned if the follow-up telephone call comes when we are in Cyprus. Dealing with UK calls and potentially having to divulge credit/debit card details over the phone are something I'd rather not do while abroad.

On 1/5/2023 at 9:12 AM, Medeba said:

I am very disappointed that the release of the 2024 summer brochure appears to be delayed until March.  I was told on my Saga cruise in August that it would be in December, it then moved to January and now it's March.  Last year's brochure was issued in March but I was hopeful that Saga had got its act together this year particularly as some other cruise lines have issued their schedules up to mid 2025.  I have been delaying booking another cruise in anticipation of the 2024 brochure; it's all so frustrating.

I share your frustration as I find myself in exactly the same situation. I am predisposed to book a Saga ocean cruise for next Summer as my prime holiday, then work around it with river cruises from Saga or Riviera. Riviera have already issued their 2024 river cruise itinerary but Saga have issued neither.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2023 at 10:20 AM, arlowood said:

We did our first Saga cruise on SOD in August last year and were sufficiently impressed to pre-register for the Summer 2024 season.

From those who have experience of the pre-registration process, can you explain the procedure. Am I correct in thinking that you receive an email with an outline of the new itineraries for Summer 2024 and this is followed by a telephone call to confirm your interest in one or more cruises and take a deposit payment accordingly. The gap between email and phone call will depend on where you are in the queue based on the date you pre-registered.

My question stems from a concern that the release date has now stretched potentially into March 2023. We have a holiday planned in Cyprus at the beginning of March. While I will be able to access my emails when away, I'm a bit more concerned if the follow-up telephone call comes when we are in Cyprus. Dealing with UK calls and potentially having to divulge credit/debit card details over the phone are something I'd rather not do while abroad.

Your understanding of the pre-registration process is correct Arlowood.   
We were in a similar position to you a couple of years ago, and worried that we would miss the call from Saga as we were due to go abroad on holiday when the calls were being made.  I phoned Saga and advised them of the situation.  They checked where we were in the queue, and asked me to phone back the day before we went on holiday, which I did.  Fortunately, by that time our pre-registration number had been reached so we were able to book. 

When Saga send the ebrochure I suggest you ring and explain your situation, and they can advise when you are likely to be able to book, based on your pre-registration date.  

Edited by LandC
Addition
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, LandC said:

Your understanding of the pre-registration process is correct Arlowood.   
We were in a similar position to you a couple of years ago, and worried that we would miss the call from Saga as we were due to go abroad on holiday when the calls were being made.  I phoned Saga and advised them of the situation.  They checked where we were in the queue, and asked me to phone back the day before we went on holiday, which I did.  Fortunately, by that time our pre-registration number had been reached so we were able to book. 

When Saga send the ebrochure I suggest you ring and explain your situation, and they can advise when you are likely to be able to book, based on your pre-registration date.  

@LandC Many thanks for the clarification. I will monitor things closely and hopefully avoid the pitfall of my pre-registration phone call clashing with our Cyprus holiday dates.

• 4 weeks later...

We received a Saga cruise brochure today, with an insert informing us that it’s still possible to pre-register for 2024.  For those who have already pre-registered, Saga will be in touch ‘soon’.  We won’t hold our breath!

• Like 2