LIVE from Royal Princess sailing Sept 24 - (3 day Coastal) followed by Sept 27- (12 Day Mexico)

mrsskyhook

50 minutes ago, Fish42 said:

Boarding starts around 11am in San Francisco.  Two hours away?  Where are you coming from?

Thank you Fish42, having an idea of the time helps.

We will be staying in Sebastopol, pre cruise. We are from UK, so plenty of ongoing planning!

10 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

Let’s hope this works …

I’ve had a hard time with the WiFi .. haven’t been able to connect at all on my iPhone and it’s spotty on my iPad. 
Everything else on this sailing has been total perfection IMO.  
The food is great, the service has been superb, our cabin is awesome and our room steward has kept it so nice and tidy and it is so clean! 

Some of the nice touches that I wasn’t really expecting:

- there is a live duo playing music during the daily PES event

- goodies in the cabin include conditioner, body lotion, a shower cap and a small sewing kit (they might be elite goodies)

- lotion and liquid hand soap are available in refillable bottles in our bathroom (I like the no plastic waste)

They have liquid hand soap now? Yay no more bar soap! Always hated those. 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, rocklinmom said:

They have liquid hand soap now? Yay no more bar soap! Always hated those. 

I love the liquid hand soap and the lotion dispensers.  I did confirm that on the Ruby, the small bars of hand soap are available upon request.  

• Like 2

I too will share anything I have. 

i’m relieved it’s not just me feeling the heat and mugginess on board. I thought I was having hours long hot flashes!

so yes, no puerto Vallarta or manzanillo, an overnight in mazatlan (we leave at 2 today) and an added port:  Loredo, tomorrow. I’m quite fine dodging the hurricane!

I agree the crew is terrific and we’re having a great time.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mrsskyhook said:

I am excited to see Loreto tomorrow. Lyle and I were there in 1996 or so. It was a charming town then, and I do hope it has not changed too much

I was just there in March. Beautiful weather and people. We found a fun cafe, with live music, ordered fish tacos and margaritas, and then did some walking around and shopping. It’s one of my favorite ports. I would take it any day over Manzanillo. You all got lucky.

• Like 6

56 minutes ago, partybarbie said:

I was just there in March. Beautiful weather and people. We found a fun cafe, with live music, ordered fish tacos and margaritas, and then did some walking around and shopping. It’s one of my favorite ports. I would take it any day over Manzanillo. You all got lucky.

I really like Manzanillo but I love Loreto and La Paz … yes, we got lucky because the SF departures usually don’t include either of these ports!  
I am excited to get back to Loreto!  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

I really like Manzanillo but I love Loreto and La Paz … yes, we got lucky because the SF departures usually don’t include either of these ports!  
I am excited to get back to Loreto!  

I really wanted to go on this cruise, but we are on the Ruby next week to Hawaii. I will be on the Royal in November, but I'm sad that we don't sail to La Paz and Loreto. We had to book the Crown for January to get back there. Loving following along with all of you though. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, partybarbie said:

I really wanted to go on this cruise, but we are on the Ruby next week to Hawaii. I will be on the Royal in November, but I'm sad that we don't sail to La Paz and Loreto. We had to book the Crown for January to get back there. Loving following along with all of you though. 

We had the most perfect day in Loreto today.  It’s hard to believe there is a hurricane just down the coast.  
We will be back on the Ruby in November and then we are debating on whether or not we will be going back on the Royal out of San Francisco or the Diamond out of San Diego in January 2023.  The Diamond’s itinerary requires a long drive or a flight to the port but includes La Paz and Loreto, as well as Cabo.  We are going to the usual three ports out of LA in April already so may have to look more deeply into the Diamond sailing.  There are pros and cons to each one.  

• Like 3

6 hours ago, partybarbie said:

That’s an interesting menu. I’m hoping you will tell us what you ordered.

I ordered the shrimp and rice soup, the Asian salad, both of which were outstanding (the soup is a bit spicy) and the scallops, which was also very good.  Our waiter just automatically brings us each an extra bowl of steamed vegetables (cauliflower, broccoli, carrots and green beans) and those are great as I love extra vegetables with my meal.  
My DH had the pork and he said it was good and he also ordered the soufflé, which he loved.  
We haven’t had a meal onboard as of yet that was just so so.  Every meal so far has been really great!  We definitely ask the waiter(s) for their suggestions and they haven’t steered us wrong yet.  

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

I ordered the shrimp and rice soup, the Asian salad, both of which were outstanding (the soup is a bit spicy) and the scallops, which was also very good.  Our waiter just automatically brings us each an extra bowl of steamed vegetables (cauliflower, broccoli, carrots and green beans) and those are great as I love extra vegetables with my meal.  
My DH had the pork and he said it was good and he also ordered the soufflé, which he loved.  
We haven’t had a meal onboard as of yet that was just so so.  Every meal so far has been really great!  We definitely ask the waiter(s) for their suggestions and they haven’t steered us wrong yet.  

Sounds heavenly! Since the restart, I have been on four different ships and the Royal definitely had the best food. We didn’t get this menu on our Alaska cruise. I can’t wait to try it. Thanks so much for posting. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, partybarbie said:

Sounds heavenly! Since the restart, I have been on four different ships and the Royal definitely had the best food. We didn’t get this menu on our Alaska cruise. I can’t wait to try it. Thanks so much for posting. 

You are right .. the food has been consistently great onboard in every single venue we’ve tried so far on this ship.  
We haven’t yet been to the buffet but the room service orders have been great, quick and accurate every time.  

• Like 2

Well, I wonder if we are witnessing the last of the Princess Patter. Here is the Patter from yesterday, and the "Event Listings" for today. 

In other news, I read on Princess Passengers info page that someone on this sailing recieved an email yesterday saying tonight's formal night includes a White and Gold party for our last formal night. I cannot find anything on board that confirms that, and I have not recieved that email. I suspect that Princess may be rolling out this White and Gold party on future sailings, and she got the email in error.

Or else I will really stand out in my black and silver top this evening!

20221005_215424.jpg

20221005_215430.jpg

• Like 1

Oh I hope they don't get rid of the daily Patters! I always enjoy finding them under the door and reading them before bed to plan our next day. I get the whole "eco-friendly" thing but it's such a tradition and some of us don't want to be on our phones constantly while on vacation. I'd hate to have to use my phone to check everything. 

• Like 3

Thanks @symuifor posting that for me. It took me by surprise. But I’ve come to find out from my more experienced friend onboard that this always happens at the first US port after being out of country. 

after 200 days on princess sailing the west coast I’ve always had debarkation port be the first US port after being out of country. Hard to believe.

anyway something to consider if you are planning something for early on a morning this happens. My time is 8:30 but my friend’s is 11:45. Although at 42%capacity I’m sure these times won’t matter. 

sail in from my balcony this morning was outstanding. 

• Like 3

Immigration was easy and fast. Times on the papers didn’t matter. They can’t keep all the officers busy as there’s not enough passengers coming at once. At least not at 8:30. 

everything on this sailing has been extra special due to the low capacity. It will surely be a stark difference next week when we are 2700 instead of 1600. 

The 12 day itinerary is just wonderful. I really love it. 

• Like 1

Thanks for all the info! I'm contemplating ( quickly!) going on the Oct 16th cruise. Is it possible to find out how many passengers they are expecting?

Also, who is the entertainer in Crooners?  
Thanks so much! 

I apologize for not posting more than I did.  I had a terrible time connecting to CC, and particularly uploading photos.   We had a great cruise, and enjoyed our 2 days post in SF. I will post more photos later.  Right now facing a desk covering in paper

• Like 1

On 10/8/2022 at 7:41 AM, panda64 said:

Thanks for all the info! I'm contemplating ( quickly!) going on the Oct 16th cruise. Is it possible to find out how many passengers they are expecting?

Also, who is the entertainer in Crooners?  
Thanks so much! 

I just called guest services and he said Oct 16 sailing had 1744 as of now. That is similar to our Mexico leg. This pacific nw leg has 2700 and feels very crowded.  

Colin Salter has been playing crooners. I’ve enjoyed what I’ve seen of him. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bmench said:

Would someone be able to ask how many will be on board for the Oct.23 coastal cruise really would appreciate it , thank you.

I’m also interested in that info. I’m looking forward to this cruise.