Hold luggage on TUI charter flights

sandancer

.I apologise for starting a new thread on this subject as I am almost certain I’ve seen something before but I simply can’t find the thread anywhere. We are flying TUI from Manchester to Barbados in PE. Had the notification from P&O giving flight details. It does not actually give the number of hold bags you can take only that the maximum weight is 28kg and no bag to weigh more than 23kg. Plus 1 cabin bag. On other airlines flying in PE you get extra luggage allowance. I have no doubt someone will be able to advise on this. 

I phoned P&O and asked them if you could "pool" your luggage allowance and take 3 suitcases and they assured me this wasn't a problem so long as no case was more than 23kg and the total less than 56kg for Premium. That's a case for me and two for my wife.

Thanks. That will work for us also, although my DH would prefer me to pack less it just doesn’t happen. It’s beyond me why he doesn’t understand that every outfit needs matching shoes and those shoes need a matching bag. Makes perfect sense to me. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sandancer said:

Thanks. That will work for us also, although my DH would prefer me to pack less it just doesn’t happen. It’s beyond me why he doesn’t understand that every outfit needs matching shoes and those shoes need a matching bag. Makes perfect sense to me. 

We Ballroom dance and my wife apparently needs matching shoes and dance shoes as well so he's getting off lightly. 

• Like 2

Standard allowances (unless they have changed) is 23kg for economy and 28kg for Premium.

The reason for splitting cases is two fold:

1) P&O's crew are only supposed to lift a case of 23kg or less.

2) Airport handlers Tui and thus Tui charge P&O checked luggage based on weight. A 24kg-32kg case is charged more than a 23kg or below case.