Guarantee Neptune Suite Question

WaterSky

16 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

Thank you so much.  These videos really do help!

These two Neptune Suites do look like they'd work well for us.  That forward-view window isn't huge, not like a glass door to a balcony, but at least one can indeed "see where we are going".  (And yes, even when it's just "water and more water", we still like seeing where we are going! 😉 )

Are there other HAL ships with suites somewhat like this, with some sort of forward balcony or reasonably good view?

On ships that have something like this, there usually aren't many, which makes them difficult to "get".

Oh, crystalspin, what a long list of cancelled cruises you posted! 😞

We had planned a second HAL cruise, to Hawaii, in 2020, but........

Thanks again!

GC

• Like 1

We once booked a guarantee Neptune Suite on the Nieuw Amsterdam. We ended up with a handicapped cabin next to the outside elevator.  

We were less than pleased.  The bathroom configuration was terrible—one very low sink instead of the double sinks.  Roll in shower shared with the toilet.  Ramps everywhere.

Also the outside elevator right next to us gave us little privacy.

First and last time we booked a guarantee.

Terri

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

We once booked a guarantee Neptune Suite on the Nieuw Amsterdam. We ended up with a handicapped cabin next to the outside elevator.  

We were less than pleased.  The bathroom configuration was terrible—one very low sink instead of the double sinks.  Roll in shower shared with the toilet.  Ramps everywhere.

Also the outside elevator right next to us gave us little privacy.

First and last time we booked a guarantee.

Terri

Did you ask the front desk or your TA to change it?

Now I am nervous about my upcoming assignment, but I did notice that both handicap cabins have already been assigned, so that is good.  Now to stay away from the far forward cabins!

I think next time I will book a Signature and hope for an upsell, that way I can pick my Neptune cabin!  If no upsell I still like the Signatures.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

Now I am nervous about my upcoming assignment, but I did notice that both handicap cabins have already been assigned, so that is good.  Now to stay away from the far forward cabins!

I think next time I will book a Signature and hope for an upsell, that way I can pick my Neptune cabin!  If no upsell I still like the Signatures.

Just because you do not see them as available does NOT mean they have been assigned !

5 hours ago, fieldsofclover said:

Location, location, location.

(Just down the hall from the spa, and a long hike from the Neptune Lounge)

So it's on the one ship, it's only a "Spa" because it is directly above the Spa (and fitness center), and the Hydro Pool?

Are there any special privileges?

And I assume the same for the smaller suites... on down to the Inside Spa cabins?

We had a *wonderful* time on our thus-far only HAL cruise on the Noordam, so we have a lot of exploring yet to do, once we start traveling again... 

Many thanks!

GC