Military Benefits - Carnival

HI Folks,

I have searched for this and cannot find the answer ..... thus the answer may be self-evident.

I have qualifying Australian Defence service and receive benefits under the Princess system.

Does Carnival offer similar benefits?

If so, how do I go about applying etc.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Elf

HI Elf

The Benefit is a Carnival Benefit that's applicable across all Carnival Lines.

I just notify the cruise line I'm travelling with and the OBC pops up in my personaliser for the cruise.

A full list of carnival lines are on their site.

They also have a similar scheme for share holders, and as shares in CCL are cheap right now, its a good time to buy.

Regards

2 hours ago, Dobby_The_Ship_Elf said:

HI Folks,

I have searched for this and cannot find the answer ..... thus the answer may be self-evident.

I have qualifying Australian Defence service and receive benefits under the Princess system.

Does Carnival offer similar benefits?

If so, how do I go about applying etc.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Elf

Send in your discharge book or certificate of service, once on file you get it automatically, with Princess anyway. I have got it for years due to 3 years British Army and 6 years Australian Army Reserve (ye olde CMF.)  Buys a few vinos. Got $100 on Coral last week.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ozwoody said:

HI Elf

The Benefit is a Carnival Benefit that's applicable across all Carnival Lines.

I just notify the cruise line I'm travelling with and the OBC pops up in my personaliser for the cruise.

A full list of carnival lines are on their site.

They also have a similar scheme for share holders, and as shares in CCL are cheap right now, its a good time to buy.

Regards

Excellent Smithers

Mister Burns : 'Excellent!' - YouTube

4 hours ago, NSWP said:

Send in your discharge book or certificate of service, once on file you get it automatically, with Princess anyway. I have got it for years due to 3 years British Army and 6 years Australian Army Reserve (ye olde CMF.)  Buys a few vinos. Got $100 on Coral last week.

yup - got the same deal on many Princess just couldn't find it mentioned on Carnival. .....

Main point is "where to send it to" ........ is there an email addy?

Edited by Dobby_The_Ship_Elf

26 minutes ago, Dobby_The_Ship_Elf said:

yup - got the same deal on many Princess just couldn't find it mentioned on Carnival. .....

Main point is "where to send it to" ........ is there an email addy?

As NSWP advised once you have done it with any Carnival Line, it should auto pop up on the next Carnival line.

Well that at least is what happened when I register with Princess for it, it pop up on my P&O and Cunard cruises.

Not quite the same with the share holder benefit, it appears they require you to have proof of shares 3 months or less before each cruise.

All I do is go into my share folio, take screen shot, black out the private stuff, then print as a pdf, and send of as required.

Edited by Ozwoody

This was the address we used several years ago when son registered for Military benefits.  defencebenefits@carnivalaustralia.com.  After the first cruise the benefit was attached to his URN number which is the same for all Carnival companies.

14 minutes ago, Ondine said:

This was the address we used several years ago when son registered for Military benefits.  defencebenefits@carnivalaustralia.com.  After the first cruise the benefit was attached to his URN number which is the same for all Carnival companies.

That's the one.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to be the buster of bubbles .... I received this from "Guest Solutions" this morning.

"First things first, thank you for your service to Australia. Because of you and your colleagues, Australia is a more secure, safer and stronger nation.

Second of all, you’re absolutely right, we did have an ongoing military OBC that is no longer offered onboard Carnival Cruise Line Australia. We know this is not the answer you were hoping for and apologize in advance for any disappointment.

In closing, we ask that you not let this experience color all the fun that is in store for you when you sail with us."

45 minutes ago, Dobby_The_Ship_Elf said:

Sorry to be the buster of bubbles .... I received this from "Guest Solutions" this morning.

"First things first, thank you for your service to Australia. Because of you and your colleagues, Australia is a more secure, safer and stronger nation.

Second of all, you’re absolutely right, we did have an ongoing military OBC that is no longer offered onboard Carnival Cruise Line Australia. We know this is not the answer you were hoping for and apologize in advance for any disappointment.

In closing, we ask that you not let this experience color all the fun that is in store for you when you sail with us."

The Carnival  Corporation Bean Counters strike again , who next Princess?  I bet the Yanks and Canadians are still receiving it.

I thought the reply was pathetic.

Edited by NSWP

14 minutes ago, NSWP said:

The Carnival  Corporation Bean Counters strike again , who next Princess?  I bet the Yanks and Canadians are still receiving it.

I thought the reply was pathetic.

Absolutely. There would be mutiny if that was dropped from Carnival in the US

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Absolutely. There would be mutiny if that was dropped from Carnival in the US

I have asked the question on the Carnival Cruises page of CC. I bet the North Americans have not lost it.

1 minute ago, NSWP said:

I have asked the question on the Carnival Cruises page of CC. I bet the North Americans have not lost it.

Worth asking the question to John Heald on social media as well. That would really stir the pot.

That is a real bummer. I just checked my last cruise with Carnival and I received the OBC.

See below.

Thank you for sending your military information for me.  I’ve applied the non-refundable onboard credit for both of the bookings.  This will be listed under your name in the amount of $250.00 AUD.

I’ve sent 2 new updated emails to your travel agency to show this was added.  If you want a updated copy of your booking information you will need to contact them to send you a copy that will reflect your total onboard credit as well.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Best Regards,

Heidi Hackett

International Diamond/Australia Agent

Carnival Cruise Line 1-800-438-6744 or 305-599-2600  | 3655 NW 87th Ave / Miami FL 33152
e:
hhackett@carnival.com

10 hours ago, NSWP said:

It has fallen flat. It seems they never had it on Carnival over there, just Princess & Cunard.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, arxcards said:

It has fallen flat. It seems they never had it on Carnival over there, just Princess & Cunard.

Just found that out, however Carnival Cruise Lines often offers serving military and veterans 20% off cruises and sometimes promotional OBC.  But not OBC every cruise like on Princess and like what was given on Carnival Australia ships working this region.

Edited by NSWP