Question About Private Tours and Cancelations

Lastdance

Has anyone had private tours canceled for any ports, on your cruises, during the last few months or so?  I am curious, as have now had one canceled and one modified from 2 people to a small group.  Honestly, I am hoping that this is not the norm, just very new for me, as this is the first time this has happened.  Maybe I have just been lucky all these years.  I haven't even cruised yet, but wondering if this is just business as usual due to C or other issues.  Thanks in advance!

I've had that happen also in the past year.  

On my last cruise I had a tour booked 6 months ago with Cruise by Locals.   About 2 weeks prior to the tour they advised me something came up and my tour guide had to cancel.  They offered me a full refund or they would try to find another guide.   As there were 2 ships in port and a holiday none were available.    My guide finally offered me a Guide friend (who was not a Cruise by Local Guide) as a substitute.    I accepted and I guess Cruise by Locals paid him and he paid the other guide. 

The guide turned out to be exceptional.   He normally works for the film studios and entertainment venues shuttling entertainers.    He actually extended the tour by 1 1/2 hours because there was so much in Quebec city he wanted us to see.  

Other cancellation's I had to scramble at last minute.    By the way I even had a very expensive Celebrity Food tour with the Chief cancelled just days before the tour leaving me with about $600 OBC to work off with few days to do it. 

5 hours ago, Lastdance said:

Has anyone had private tours canceled for any ports, on your cruises, during the last few months or so?  I am curious, as have now had one canceled and one modified from 2 people to a small group.  Honestly, I am hoping that this is not the norm, just very new for me, as this is the first time this has happened.  Maybe I have just been lucky all these years.  I haven't even cruised yet, but wondering if this is just business as usual due to C or other issues.  Thanks in advance!

I’d imagine it’s due to covid. Hopefully you’ve sorted it all out.