First time RSSC cruiser.

watercruise

I am a first time RSSC cruiser going to South Africa in December. Couple of questions:
-how do the dining reservations work ( I’ve always cruised on Oceania)?

- is there a certain number of reservations you can make in specialty restaurants?

- what is the dress code for dinner?

thank you very much

3 hours ago, watercruise said:

I am a first time RSSC cruiser going to South Africa in December. Couple of questions:
-how do the dining reservations work ( I’ve always cruised on Oceania)?

- is there a certain number of reservations you can make in specialty restaurants?

- what is the dress code for dinner?

thank you very much

Welcome.

Regent is very hierarchical in specialty restaurant reservations (& excursions).  People who have reached silver in the frequent cruiser program (Seven Seas Society) or are in a Concierge suite or higher have a longer reservation window vs others.  Obviously these people get the best reservation times & dates.

Unless you are on a longer cruise or in a much higher suite you get one reservation per specialty restaurant.

Most men wear nice pants and a long sleeve collared shirt (some sports jackets) , women the equivalent.

From Pcardads post to Regent - questions on dress

"Attire ranges from Casual to Formal Optional. Casual wear consists of resort-style outfits; some examples are jeans, shorts, t-shirts, and tennis shoes. Casual wear is appropriate for daytime both on board or ashore. Casual wear is not appropriate after 6:00 PM, with the exceptions of while dining at the Pool Grill or Pool Bar and on the final evening of the cruise. On the night prior to disembarkation, guests may need to pack their luggage early due to morning flights the next day. With this in mind, on the last night of every voyage, we will relax the dress code for dinner to Casual.

Otherwise, the recommended onboard dress in the evenings is Elegant Casual. Dinner dress for ladies includes a skirt, or slacks with a blouse or sweater, a pant suit or dress; slacks and a collared shirt for gentlemen. Sport jackets are optional. Casual wear is not to be worn at dinner, once again with the exceptions of while dining at the Pool Grill and on the final evening of the cruise. Ties are not required.

On sailings of 16 nights or more, Formal and Semi-Formal attire is optional on two of the evenings. On the two Formal Optional evenings, guests are welcome to dress as per the elegant Casual dress code or opt for a more formal choice of clothing including gowns and cocktail dresses for ladies; tuxedos, dinner jackets or dark suits with tie for gentlemen."

Don’t worry to much about the tours. We just booked three cruises all within final payment period (one is a Holiday cruise) and didn’t have a problem with getting tours we wanted , suitable specially dinner times on the Splendor and Navigator and even two spots for a cooking class on the Splendor.

Previously precovid, even if we had to wait list a tour we got cleared for it by the time we boarded.

And seriously, I wouldn't undersell Compass Rose or Sette Mari (which are always available without reservation).  You definitely should try all of the specialty restaurants but at least for me, for one, once per voyage is enough... 😀

• Like 4

8 hours ago, rkaratsu said:

And seriously, I wouldn't undersell Compass Rose or Sette Mari (which are always available without reservation).  You definitely should try all of the specialty restaurants but at least for me, for one, once per voyage is enough... 😀

Agreed.

Sette Mari for dinner is a full Italian menu with waiter service, there is an additional buffet with appetizers & desserts.   Sette Mari fills up quickly when it opens so its important to get there early, second seating around 8.  Daily Compass Rose & Sette Mari menus are posted on the TV so you can figure out which best suits your taste that evening.  enjoy.

• Like 1

On 9/29/2022 at 12:28 PM, RetiredandTravel said:

Agreed.

Sette Mari for dinner is a full Italian menu with waiter service, there is an additional buffet with appetizers & desserts.   Sette Mari fills up quickly when it opens so its important to get there early, second seating around 8.  Daily Compass Rose & Sette Mari menus are posted on the TV so you can figure out which best suits your taste that evening.  enjoy.

what time does the early sitting start?

8 minutes ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

There are no "sittings", per se.  You can walk into Compass Rose or Sette Mari anytime you like, but they both open at 6:30.

But Sette Mari fills up quickly so to be assured of getting a table its advisable to be there when it opens

that was the question

• Like 1