Final Bill

agnesd

MSC still has not straighten out my final bill this is since May. I owed nothing. In fact I left the ship with some on board credit. This will be posted since my other posts were not. I was told it was a computer glitch. You cannot speak to anyone from billing. It takes weeks to get a response. My advice check your final bill before the last nite. I was originally charged $864.!!  

1 hour ago, agnesd said:

MSC still has not straighten out my final bill this is since May. I owed nothing. In fact I left the ship with some on board credit. This will be posted since my other posts were not. I was told it was a computer glitch. You cannot speak to anyone from billing. It takes weeks to get a response. My advice check your final bill before the last nite. I was originally charged $864.!!  

A basic "rule of thumb" for any cruise (or cruise line) is to always carefully review your bill before you disembark.  On longer cruises we check about twice a week (just ask to see a current copy of your statement) and always review sometime during the last day/night and then a final review before we leave the ship.  It does not matter if we are on MCS, Seabourn, Cunard, etc.   as this should be the norm for everyone.  Trying to straighten out a Statement, after you have departed the vessel, can be very difficult with any line.   

Hank

• Like 3

Again. Don't know how it is being dealt right now, but back in the day till my last cruise in 2018, MSC always sent a copy of my statement to be signed on the last night of the cruise. Your cabin assistant would deliver it for you by 1AM, or you could just pass by guest services on the last day and sign it there. Either way, by 1AM on the debarkation day, your cruise card will to loose purchasing permissions other than to buy drinks (for some amount depending on your credit card safety allowance) and other than those drinks nothing would be added from 1AM or the time you previously signed up your final statement. Some problems may arise, this is for what credit card disputes is there about, but something I have never heard was about a final bill not signed up.

Have a nice day!

13 hours ago, Hlitner said:

A basic "rule of thumb" for any cruise (or cruise line) is to always carefully review your bill before you disembark.  On longer cruises we check about twice a week (just ask to see a current copy of your statement) and always review sometime during the last day/night and then a final review before we leave the ship.  It does not matter if we are on MCS, Seabourn, Cunard, etc.   as this should be the norm for everyone.  Trying to straighten out a Statement, after you have departed the vessel, can be very difficult with any line.   

Hank

Good advice.... Though Virgin decided to add further charges after we had already departed and absolutely no idea what it was for. I only realised because it appeared on my CC statement a few weeks later. It could have been disputed, but was for about $30 and the hassle wasn't worth the effort. However other events on that cruise in respect of billing "mistakes" make it highly improbable I'd ever cruise on Branson's ships again.

Actually, Princess also did this in April, though the charge wasn't an error but was for a meal omitted from the final bill. No harm, but we had already settled up when we disembarked.

This is such a small amount, I'm almost embarrassed to bring it up.  But I had only ordered drinks that were included in the Easy Plus drink package.  I wanted to try something different and asked if it was included in my package.  He said, "Let me check", came back and said it was.

On my final billing, I saw that I had a $20 for 1 or 2 of that drink that apparently wasn't included in the package.  I took my concern to customer service prior to leaving the ship (long line) and they removed the charge.

But yes, it's much easier to dispute a charge before one departs the ship.

Edited by Stockjock

I foolishly purchased onboard credits prior to one cruise (just so that everything would be prepaid) and then didn't use all of it. MSC owed me $600. It took 6 months of weekly emails and phone calls before I finally received the check. Everyone I spoke with agreed I was due the money (no one ever responded to any emails), but it just seemed that no one could actually write the check. I love MSC when we're on the ship. All of our problems have been from the on-shore staff. BTW, I NEVER buy OBCs now.

On 9/27/2022 at 8:49 AM, agnesd said:

I wish you luck.

I will end up going to small claims eventually it seems on one of my issues.

They admitted the mistake was on their end and they will fix it.

Going on since 2020 and it's for $1000.

Next time you are onboard take it up with them. I have a recording telling me to take it up on the ship.