Victoria Cruises

CynS

5 hours ago, CynS said:

https://victoria.cruises/

This is a similar concept to “Storylines” and “The World” but MUCH more affordable.  They are supposed to be 2 of the old Holland America ships the company acquired from Seajets, and are claiming they will sail next year.

It sounds really interesting – possibly even 'too good to be true.'  Some of the promises seem quite overdone:  "We will even visit the north pole" – on an old Holland America cruise ship with no ice rating?  But I do like the concept of renting your cabin by the month, rather than buying a share of an old ship that won't have much resale value.

• Like 1

On 9/29/2022 at 12:08 AM, westerdam said:

It is more or less a no go.  The former Maasdam has already been sold and renamed Renaissance.  She is currently sailing for Malta for what I assume is the start of her refit for CFC. 

I so agree with your comments - I really would love a ship that can be rented by the month that would continuously circle the globe, and spend 3-5 days in each port.  But yes, this does sound too good to be true.🤷‍♀️

• Like 4

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Their website says they are sailing in September.  They are the former HAL Ryndam and Veendam (now Victoria Amazing and Victoria Majestic).

Depending on the length of stay and cabin category it could be as little as $2300/mo.

Here's an article posted in the HAL boards.

https://cruiseradio.net/former-holland-america-ships-to-operate-as-floating-residences/

I'm not quite at the point in my life that I could do this.  I do hope the idea takes off and is a success because it would be marvelous if it's what they claim

• Like 3

On 2/19/2023 at 9:11 PM, IslandThyme said:

I see a big flurry of publicity about these ships now, evidently sailing as soon as next month. Does anyone have any non-PR information?

I’m a future resident, I’ve done my research, happy to answer any questions you may have.

• Like 1

On 2/19/2023 at 12:11 PM, IslandThyme said:

I see a big flurry of publicity about these ships now, evidently sailing as soon as next month. Does anyone have any non-PR information?

I have read all of the literature, contracts, etc.  If they can meet their target commitment, I can see it working.  I thought long and hard before sending my deposit.  As a single cruiser, most world cruises are prohibitively expensive.  Being able to sail for under $5k a month seemed like a screaming deal.  

Having a cruise that long has certain challenges, like receiving mail, prescriptions, medical insurance, and obtaining visas, but the passengers have been tackling these issues one by one.

Edited by CHEOPTERA
  • Like 1

On 6/16/2023 at 8:00 AM, love*2*cruise said:

We are booked on this epic adventure & can’t wait to join this great community of like minded people & sail around the world!

I hope others decide to join us!

I really congrats you and I would love to hear from your experience. I'm thinking to book as well. Could you message by private.

Thank so much

• Like 1

On 6/19/2023 at 9:04 AM, alfa666 said:

I really congrats you and I would love to hear from your experience. I'm thinking to book as well. Could you message by private.

Thank so much

I tried to send you a message but the feature is turned off…pls send me one.

Two CC members have been spamming various forums and roll calls about Victoria Cruises.  This is spamming and hijacking.  Posts have been removed.  Further violations may lead to a permanent ban.

• Like 2

This is a question for those intrepid souls who have booked a cabin on the Victoria Majestic, or are seriously considering it. What company are you using for travel/medical insurance for a voyage that could be indefinite? As we get more grey hairs, our rates go up even for shorter cruises. How have you addressed this issue? Does Victoria require you to be insured for the full amount of your lease contract in case you become too ill to continue traveling?

The idea of retirement at sea speaks to me. I hope it all works out for you! 

• Like 3

Okay, here's another question. If one of us becomes too ill to continue, the other will not want to remain on the ship alone. Is there a provision in the lease contract that speaks to this situation?

Thanks in advance for your input!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So far I don't believe any Residence ship except The World has actually sailed.  I would never put money down on a promise.  And that includes 7-day cruises from new cruise lines, or even new ships on established cruise lines.  I want to see reviews from paying customers!

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Please be VERY CAREFUL with Victoria Cruises Line. They continue to delay. Now they admit that they don't have a ship. People are not seeing their deposits returned and when they complain they are being threatened with lawsuits and the Hungarian Police. 

• Like 4

I will believe it when it sails away.  The delays are troubling.  After the last residence ship disaster, I would be very wary.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1