O club benefits

sitraveler

I learned something.  I am booking a cruise with a first time O cruiser. I am platinum. The other person is entitled to my benefits, prepaid gratuities and deviation charge waiver. 

It would make sense to split an entitled couple, booking another couple, to split themselves up to get benefits on both cabins. Yes? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sitraveler said:

I learned something.  I am booking a cruise with a first time O cruiser. I am platinum. The other person is entitled to my benefits, prepaid gratuities and deviation charge waiver. 

It would make sense to split an entitled couple, booking another couple, to split themselves up to get benefits on both cabins. Yes? 

I believe Oceania is offering a cruise for that on the Vista next July. A lot of people constantly changing up cabins! 😂😂

• Haha 6

5 hours ago, sitraveler said:

First things first….

“Learned” from who?  Do you see that on an actual Oceania invoice in the Amenities section?

Look again at that invoice. Some items like “O life” choices or “O Club gratuities” will show “Guests 1 & 2” (under each person’s name while others like “Platinum SBC” or “spa credits” will not. Perhaps both occupants get only some (if any) items regardless of which person has higher O Club status.

I’d be interested in hearing back from you about what further verification you get.

2 minutes ago, sitraveler said:

o invoice reflects spa credit & PPG on first time cruiser.  TA confirmed other guest gets deviation

If you are sharing the cabin maybe they get your  O Club Benefit level

The T&Cs for O-Club benefits start with "All Oceania Club benefits listed are per stateroom, are based on double occupancy, can only be applied to one booking per voyage, have no cash value and are non-transferable."

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/legal/promotion-terms/

So the OP's experience seems to agree with the T&Cs. Nice to know...I'd hate to leave the spouse behind if I earn a free cruise just because I took a few cruises with friends 😉