Key West Cancelled

holech

13 minutes ago, biggerbearmom said:

February 1, 2023. I emailed Viking to complain about two ports being removed which means three consecutive sea days at the beginning of the cruise. A customer rep called me in response to my emails but didn’t really give me a reason. She said something about occasionally having to make changes for “operational reasons”. She offered us $150 OBC.

I'm on the same Feb1 sailing. I don't really think Cozumel is cancelled. When you click on what is now labeled as a Sea Day and was Cozumel, all the Cozumel excursions are still there. I suspect (just a guess) the person who was supposed to go in and mark Key West as a sea day accidentally marked Cozumel as a sea day. 

image.png.8e144dcd43c167973f7fa520ffde0cd7.png

47 minutes ago, formernuke said:

I'm on the same Feb1 sailing. I don't really think Cozumel is cancelled. When you click on what is now labeled as a Sea Day and was Cozumel, all the Cozumel excursions are still there. I suspect (just a guess) the person who was supposed to go in and mark Key West as a sea day accidentally marked Cozumel as a sea day. 

image.png.8e144dcd43c167973f7fa520ffde0cd7.png

Hope you are right.  But I recall when they cancelled Key West, we received an email first and then KW  was taken off the itinerary on MVJ several days later?   We go early March.  

The customer rep who called me yesterday confirmed that both Cozumel and Key West were removed from our itinerary. If you want further confirmation send an email to tellus@vikingcruises.com or call them. I emailed them yesterday afternoon and had a phone call from them within two hours. Also, when I went to Viking.com to look at our specific itinerary, Cozumel is no longer listed. 

E47F5997-10D1-4E15-A58A-EBDFE9A167B3.png

Edited by biggerbearmom

59 minutes ago, biggerbearmom said:

The customer rep who called me yesterday confirmed that both Cozumel and Key West were removed from our itinerary. If you want further confirmation send an email to tellus@vikingcruises.com or call them. I emailed them yesterday afternoon and had a phone call from them within two hours. Also, when I went to Viking.com to look at our specific itinerary, Cozumel is no longer listed. 

E47F5997-10D1-4E15-A58A-EBDFE9A167B3.png

Looking more and more like a cruise full of sea days.  Not exactly what we had in mind when we booked.    

On 11/7/2022 at 4:07 PM, formernuke said:

Thank you. I agree. Not what we signed up for either. I have indeed inquired with tellus@vikingcruises.com to confirm/complain. We'll see how they respond.

Any response from Viking yet?   I too reached out and we have been playing telephone tag.  

On 11/7/2022 at 1:38 PM, Mimiya11 said:

Looking more and more like a cruise full of sea days.  Not exactly what we had in mind when we booked.    

Makes me REALLY glad we cancelled our reservation in lieu of another destination; I hate not to see the Panama Canal, but there are just too many sea days for the price.

12 hours ago, longterm said:

Makes me REALLY glad we cancelled our reservation in lieu of another destination; I hate not to see the Panama Canal, but there are just too many sea days for the price.

Hi Longterm

I recall you were on the same sailing as we are.   Smart move on your part.  No news re Cozumel for our sailing.   Cozumel is another port where we have been there, done that. so not a biggie as far as the port itself it is cancelled.  But you are right lots of sea days for the price.  Becoming like a TA   

1 hour ago, Mimiya11 said:

Hi Longterm

I recall you were on the same sailing as we are.   Smart move on your part.  No news re Cozumel for our sailing.   Cozumel is another port where we have been there, done that. so not a biggie as far as the port itself it is cancelled.  But you are right lots of sea days for the price.  Becoming like a TA   

I'm disappointed not to be getting to see the Canal, but considering the cost of the cruise, combined with what are (in my opinion) mediocre port calls, it made sense to take the money from that cruise and use it on another one. 

Visiting Key West is certainly not on my wants list; we go to Cancun every year, so Cozumel isn't a big draw; from all the reviews I've read, Colon and Roatan are both better to be skipped; that left the Canal. 

• Like 1

I just got a phonecall (voicemail) from tellus@vikingcruises.com confirming that Cozumel is NOT cancelled for the 2/1/23 Panama Canal cruise, consistent with what is now shown on MVJ. I don't know if they changed their mind or someone incorrectly reported it canceled to biggerbearmom.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, formernuke said:

I just got a phonecall (voicemail) from tellus@vikingcruises.com confirming that Cozumel is NOT cancelled for the 2/1/23 Panama Canal cruise, consistent with what is now shown on MVJ. I don't know if they changed their mind or someone incorrectly reported it canceled to biggerbearmom.

4 hours ago, formernuke said:

When my travel agent called Viking to inquire (she’s taking the same itinerary a few weeks earlier) they told her that the agent who returned my call made a mistake, and that she should not have offered me the OBC, though they did say they would honor it. There was no reason given why Cozumel was removed and then added back.

• 2 months later...
On 9/28/2022 at 11:53 AM, longterm said:

We had a Panama Canal cruise scheduled for March 2023; I got that notice yesterday about Key West.

We cancelled our cruise when we got that notice; 6 sea days out of 14 just doesn't make any sense for us.

We did the same…….and booked with another highly recommended cruise line

• Like 1