How to Spend Uniworld Shipboard Credit

ilenea

My travel agent has promised a 'shipboard credit' in connection with our spring Uniworld cruises (on Catherine and Joie de'Vivre), but I'm wondering, since EVERYTHING seems to be included, what would we spend the shipboard credit on?  If we book the special excursions that cost extra, would we have to wait to book ON the boat to use the shipboard credit, or would we still be able to book the upgraded excursions in advance and use the shipboard credit to pay for them?

On past Uniworld cruises we have spent our credits on special excursions,  jewellery from the gift shop, and a massage the day after a long bicycle ride. 

We have always signed up for special events when on board after the cruise director gives his first introduction . That way we have all our questions answered before signing up.

RB 

I don’t recall being able to book the Masterpiece Collection prior to boarding. I agree with RitaBob, unless you know for sure what you’d like to add on, wait until the cruise director presentation. (We used our OBC to help pay for Mont St Michel)

Robin

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Roz said:

I used mine to buy two really nice pairs of earrings from the onboard gift shop.

So they DO have gift shops on the Uniworld River Cruises?  I didn't see them on the deck plans.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, acwmom said:

I don’t recall being able to book the Masterpiece Collection prior to boarding. I agree with RitaBob, unless you know for sure what you’d like to add on, wait until the cruise director presentation. (We used our OBC to help pay for Mont St Michel)

Robin

ACWMOM - I'm HOPING Mont St Michel will be offered on ours!  The 2022 sailings that are left say that it is only offered from September-November.  We aren't going until April 2023, and they haven't posted those yet!  Did you have time to walk around, and was there a guide, or did they just have you stand at the bottom and look up?  Was it a really hard climb (for those of us who are not Olympic athletes)?

Just now, ilenea said:

ACWMOM - I'm HOPING Mont St Michel will be offered on ours!  The 2022 sailings that are left say that it is only offered from September-November.  We aren't going until April 2023, and they haven't posted those yet!  Did you have time to walk around, and was there a guide, or did they just have you stand at the bottom and look up?  Was it a really hard climb (for those of us who are not Olympic athletes)?

We started with lunch at La Mére Pollard (included) then a guide met us and walked us all the way to the top. It was a gradual climb, with stops along the way. A few stayed behind, but it was easily doable. So worth it! 

Just now, acwmom said:

We started with lunch at La Mére Pollard (included) then a guide met us and walked us all the way to the top. It was a gradual climb, with stops along the way. A few stayed behind, but it was easily doable. So worth it! 

And we went in March.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, acwmom said:

And we went in March.

YAY!  Good news all around. Thank you!  I REALLY don't want to miss that.  Just hoping they don't sell out (or don't have enough people booking) if we wait to book until we are ON the boat using our shipboard credit.

5 minutes ago, ilenea said:

YAY!  Good news all around. Thank you!  I REALLY don't want to miss that.  Just hoping they don't sell out (or don't have enough people booking) if we wait to book until we are ON the boat using our shipboard credit.

You should be fine. We had about 30 go. I also highly recommend the golfing at Etretat (which isn’t an upgrade/extra cost)

We will be sailing on the SS Catherine in November, and I’ll be posting a trip report. We definitely will be going to the truffle farm.

Robin

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, acwmom said:

You should be fine. We had about 30 go. I also highly recommend the golfing at Etretat (which isn’t an upgrade/extra cost)

We will be sailing on the SS Catherine in November, and I’ll be posting a trip report. We definitely will be going to the truffle farm.

Robin

I'll be excited to see your report!  This will be our first River Cruise - we've been Ocean Cruisers in the past, but really wanted to do the Grand France!!

1 hour ago, ilenea said:

So they DO have gift shops on the Uniworld River Cruises?  I didn't see them on the deck plans.

I am not sure about all Uniworld ships , but in 2017 on the MT, the "gift shop" , not noted on deck planswas merely a glass display case built into the wall on the aquarium deck.. Though minimal, it was easily to spend(waste) our credits on a few items. There was a "Progressive Dinner" that was offered which we also purchased. My recommendation is to immediatedly leave the cruise director presentation when over and immediately go sign up for anything that may interest you. In our case, the dinner which was great and showed behind the scenes on the ship, was limited to 10 persons and only on offered on one evening. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, mozfoz said:

I am not sure about all Uniworld ships , but in 2017 on the MT, the "gift shop" , not noted on deck planswas merely a glass display case built into the wall on the aquarium deck.. Though minimal, it was easily to spend(waste) our credits on a few items. There was a "Progressive Dinner" that was offered which we also purchased. My recommendation is to immediatedly leave the cruise director presentation when over and immediately go sign up for anything that may interest you. In our case, the dinner which was great and showed behind the scenes on the ship, was limited to 10 persons and only on offered on one evening. 

I wonder if they have a list of additional activities available to choose from BEFORE the presentation so we can sign up for the ones we KNOW we will want before everyone else goes running!

On 9/28/2022 at 2:08 PM, ilenea said:

@ilenea On our Uniworld cruises there were a few small display cases. The selection wasn't huge, but they offered a few nice pieces.