chef's market excursion

toohoos

We did one a few years ago(sorry do not remember the island) and the island was so damaged from a hurricane that the spice shop we were to visit was just a table set up with a few spices and herbs and the restaurant that was described on the water was "gone" and we had to go somewhere else.  I would have preferred that Celebrity either have advised of conditions or just cancelled.  It was very expensive also.  The dinner at night was okay.  It actually was quite a sad experience to see how these island people were having to live - we all felt they needed more help and it had been over a year since the hurricane had hit.

I may try it again but would definitely check on what the conditions are. 

On 9/29/2022 at 12:32 PM, njguy_south said:

I am doing one of these in St. Lucia (Castries) on my Millennium cruise in October.  I am also interested in the general time for the evening dinner.

We did this in St. Maarten in 2018 on Edge, fantastic experience. About 12 people. The dinner was at 6:00, so you have a few hours to relax back on the ship after the time at the markets & lunch. Happy hour first in Al Bacio, with a champagne toast with the ship’s chef, then an amazing multi-course dinner in Cyprus, including a whole fish filleted tableside by the chef, & chauteaubriand. Too much food! Worth every penny. 

5 hours ago, raudacruise said:

Signed up for this years ago (pre-Covid) on Barbados. Sounded like fun. (I’m a foodie.) Was canceled the night before. Didn’t find a replacement excursion. Disappointed. Not sure if I want to try again sometime.

What is a foodie?  Does that mean that you pig out at Golden Coral?   Sorry as I don’t understand the term. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I did this tour in Sorrento, Italy off the Beyond and it was one of the highlights of my 18 day trip and quite possibly one of the most memorable meals I've ever had during my travels. Went to several local places with the chef while he purchased food we had samples upon samples upon samples. Back on the ship we toured the galley and then were served the meal of all meals. As a solo traveler, our group of around 30 was feeling full, drunk and lingered over dinner sharing stories of the day. Absolutely don't hesitate to book one of these. What an epic experience. 

997C66BC-BF43-4B6B-9EFA-B6C925E3BE2F.heic 09AE94DE-EFA9-490A-BAE9-25D177EC524E.heic 435E99E8-A118-44C1-AF35-AE498ADF830F.heic 5577A335-A2DA-4360-8ED8-F8412029FF67.heic C1BDE6C1-BCA4-4E5A-AC84-C3C9C8DB1DD6.heic FAEB6A6E-29FC-439F-84AC-B810085E3784.heic C5DFE169-1231-4581-8DC1-D49D1E0A6D8A.heic