Missing NCL Joy cruises? April-May 2023

Sand and Seas

Does anyone know where the Joy will be April 27th to May 14th 2023?   

There had been a 12 day Miami round-trip to Miami cruise April 30th to May 12th.   Yesterday I noticed it was no longer there. 

Checking today, I can't see anything from April 27th to May 14th when a New York Bermuda cruise starts.  

You are correct that there is nothing showing on NCL site from 4/27 until 5/14.  A big online TA is still showing a 3 day from 4/27 to 4/30 and a 12 day from 4/30 to 5/12.  We are booked on the 4/30 cruise and it still shows as booked in my account.  I think it had been scheduled to do a deadhead from Miami to NYC from 5/12 to 5/14.  I will be keeping an eye on this.

hmm, 6 years since build, 4 years since the 'conversion' from the Asian market to the NA market.  I wonder if it's a dry-dock.

Either they're a year late or work was done in 2019 to satisfy the dry dock schedule to extend a year.  Except, that's only 3 weeks, unless they only need a week or they found a yard in the Western hemisphere to complete the work needed there just isn't time to get the ship to Europe and back.

2 hours ago, Katie H said:

You are correct that there is nothing showing on NCL site from 4/27 until 5/14.  A big online TA is still showing a 3 day from 4/27 to 4/30 and a 12 day from 4/30 to 5/12.  We are booked on the 4/30 cruise and it still shows as booked in my account.  I think it had been scheduled to do a deadhead from Miami to NYC from 5/12 to 5/14.  I will be keeping an eye on this.

I was looking at adding the April 27 cruise to my other Joy April cruises and it showed available on my TA site but when you get in further and try to book it it shows unavailable in all categories. My TA called NCL and they wouldn't say why.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, swmichigan cruiser said:

I was looking at adding the April 27 cruise to my other Joy April cruises and it showed available on my TA site but when you get in further and try to book it it shows unavailable in all categories. My TA called NCL and they wouldn't say why.

That doesn't sound good😒

3 minutes ago, Sand and Seas said:

That doesn't sound good😒

Actually just looked at the TA site for the April 30 Joy cruise and when I tried to do a mock booking for that cruise and it also came up as unavailable for all categories. Guess lucky for us I booked the April 1, 8 and 15 cruises. Hopefully it will turn out okay for the April 27 and April 30 cruises.

10 hours ago, mispi said:

The same problem with Escape April 30  from Miami

I wonder if either Escape or Joy is being chartered? 

Joy is/was sailing from Miami April 30 to May 12th.  If Escape was to sail from Miami on April 30th and is now missing perhaps there is a connection there.

Edited by Sand and Seas

On 9/29/2022 at 11:17 PM, Katie H said:

We are booked on the 4/30 cruise and it still shows as booked in my account. 

Same here, still showing on My NCL and no updates from TA etc.

But, when I try and do a new dummy booking for the sailing via my TA, I get an error - 'fare not found.' Hmmm.

On 9/30/2022 at 11:13 AM, hallux said:

or... if it's a dry-dock for the Joy maybe they're re-deploying the Escape on the Joy itineraries?

I've tried searching, but I can't see a dry-dock schedule for Joy.   It does seem like that would be planned well in advance so strange to have the cruises disappear from the website.  

Mystery solved...

the cruise 05.30.23 will be one day shorter. It will start 05.01.23 and we will miss the Cayman Island stop. OK for us, because we have already paid non refundable air tickets from Vienna and potential cancellation would be big problem for us. No similar cruise during our time slot from Florida except NCL Getaway from Orlando.

16 minutes ago, mispi said:

Mystery solved...

the cruise 05.30.23 will be one day shorter. It will start 05.01.23 and we will miss the Cayman Island stop. OK for us, because we have already paid non refundable air tickets from Vienna and potential cancellation would be big problem for us. No similar cruise during our time slot from Florida except NCL Getaway from Orlando.

Do you mean the April 30th cruise will now start on May 1st?

I wonder why they are shortening the cruise.  Did NCL send you something about this?  

Not happy about this, 2 consecutive sea days and a missed port. 10% reduction in cruise fare. Pah. Will hardly cover an extra night in the hotel in Miami. I've also pre-booked Vibe passes and expect a pro-rata refund for those. NCL have really been mucking folks about lately and no option to cancel.

NCL Joy Change.PNG

• Like 3

Thanks for posting the new itinerary for us.  I agree, 10% reduction not much for this change to your original cruise.

Now there is four days 'missing' for this ship from April 27th to May 1st.  It was reported there was a 3 day cruise advertised for April 27th to April 30th.  Making it a four day cruise seems strange🤔   

I was booked on the April 27 to April 30 Bahamas cruise on the Norwegian Joy. It was a Thursday to Sunday schedule with stops at Nassau and their island. Sailing got cancelled because they have chartered the entire ship. Full refund plus a 10% discount to be used before end of 2023 as compensation. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, gmontesano90 said:

I was booked on the April 27 to April 30 Bahamas cruise on the Norwegian Joy. It was a Thursday to Sunday schedule with stops at Nassau and their island. Sailing got cancelled because they have chartered the entire ship. Full refund plus a 10% discount to be used before end of 2023 as compensation. 

The apparent sailing of the Joy on the revised 1st May schedule, no longer the 30th April, is still not showing on the NCL website. How long do they normally take to amend these things? We were told of the schedule change over a week ago  

All of the Joy Panama canal sailings are messed up right now. We're booked for February and were sent 2 itinerary changes (no change in the 2nd one, but the first one that went out had the wrong ship name for some folks which caused an uproar). But now my sailing doesn't show up at all on the NCL page. We were supposed to leave from LAX-MIA and that sailing doesn't show up on the website currently at all.

53 minutes ago, farringtonb said:

I'm anxiously waiting any further changes or for it to reappear on their site given I have non refundable flights eeeeek

Yeah, I have hotel options to work out as well - the refundable options are hideously more expensive than pre-pay, but I don't want to do that incase things change again... it's a moving target. And as I've previously said - these changes aren't down to war, hurricane, rules and regulations or even Covid - it's a commercial decision taken by NCL, by choice, which makes their lack of appropriate compensation and options harder to swallow.

Our February 24 PC cruise LA to Miami on the Joy is also not showing as we had friends who wanted to book. When I called NCL they said they are having major website issues due to the hurricane and the cruise is still available. Not impressed with their website at all!