Shareholder OBC

dmcfad2

7 hours ago, mrsihopes said:

What form do you need to fill out from princess to fax with share certificate?   Can not seem to find it.

You don't need a form.  You need to give them your full name, your booking #, ship name and sail date along with a copy of something showing you own shares.  You can fax, email or snail mail.   I emailed that info and my broker confirm this morning and have the credits on my three upcoming cruises already.  I guess Princess can do some things right!   Email is sbpcl@princesscruises.com

Apparently the Shareholder Credit can't be used to book excursions in advance. I was going to use our paltry $400 OBC to book a couple of excursions and then pay the $40 or so "extra" with a credit card. I tried to book the first one and it said I had about $40 due on the credit card. Obviously it was only using the $150 OBC that isn't from Shareholder credit. What a crock. Obviously I can wait until boarding to book the second excursion but there's no guarantee it will still be available or that the price won't go up. I'm actually pretty surprised that the Shareholder OBC wouldn't be available in advance.

23 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Apparently the Shareholder Credit can't be used to book excursions in advance. I was going to use our paltry $400 OBC to book a couple of excursions and then pay the $40 or so "extra" with a credit card. I tried to book the first one and it said I had about $40 due on the credit card. Obviously it was only using the $150 OBC that isn't from Shareholder credit. What a crock. Obviously I can wait until boarding to book the second excursion but there's no guarantee it will still be available or that the price won't go up. I'm actually pretty surprised that the Shareholder OBC wouldn't be available in advance.

Must be a new thing because I used it in July just fine.

I just tried and was able to use mine though there is a catch in that I think the system looks at onboard credit individually for each person you reserve for.    I have $100 Shareholder OBC in my name.  My DH has a residual left in his name after previous bookings, (though not shareholder OBC).  So, the balance for mewas zero but the balance for him was the difference between the cost of the excursion and what he had leftover in his name.  This meant we'd have to pay some for his excursion but I'd still have a balance to use.  If this seems to be the issue for you as well, maybe you can call (or chat) and have it applied the way you want it done.  

Edited by Brickwood

Tried Live Chat. First one was dropped by Princess after a short while. Second one said that it is impossible to combine my wife's OBC with mine. This is incorrect. Guess I will need to call and put up with the hold time if I want this done. Princess has sooooooooo many reps who have no clue.

On 9/29/2022 at 2:54 PM, dmcfad2 said:

I applied for shareholder credit for my upcoming January cruise last Saturday, 9/24. I still have not received the credit. I also applied on the same day for a HAL cruise I have in February and received the credit two days later. I’m new to Princess, so I am just wondering if they normally take this long or should I re-submit? 

I submitted mine yesterday afternoon. This morning the $250 was already posted to my cruise. The email I received confirming the submission said up to 21 days, so I was surprised it only took overnight. 

• Like 1

Yesterday I sent an email to apply for the Stockholder OBC.  In less than 10 minutes, I received an email, subject line: your booking confirmation.  Opened the email and noticed the stockholder OBC  already showing on the new booking confirmation.  That is super fast!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, chubbypiggy said:

Yesterday I sent an email to apply for the Stockholder OBC.  In less than 10 minutes, I received an email, subject line: your booking confirmation.  Opened the email and noticed the stockholder OBC  already showing on the new booking confirmation.  That is super fast!!

Same here, I did one this morning and got the 21 day email and 5 minutes later it was in my account. 🙂

• Like 1

I just had the same experience as recent posters.  I submitted my email with two cruises on it (April 2023 and July 2023) right after midnight, received the 'possibly within 21 days' automated reply, and went to bed.  I didn't even bother to look this morning until about 9 am and both cruises showed the credits ($250 and $100).  That's 50% of the price I paid for the stock!  Plus we already have an April 2024 cruise booked that will hopefully receive a $250 credit if Princess continues the program after July 2023.

Edited by capriccio
  • Like 1

Thanks for all your helpful information.  We are sailing on Cunard's Queen Elizabeth in February and yesterday I followed your advice and sent off an email to the Cunard address for Carnival Shares OBC.  This morning there was an email from Cunard stating that the Share OBC has gone into our account.  Just so easy and well worth the small amount we paid out for the shares.

Jennie

• Like 1

Just did it for Alaska in June/July.  Look up the Carnival Corporation & PLC Shareholder benefit request form.  Fill it in and email it with a copy of your statement with all other information, account number etc and email it to sbplc@princesscruises.com if you are in the US and Canada.  See attached

25 minutes ago, afg8r said:

Just did it for Alaska in June/July.  Look up the Carnival Corporation & PLC Shareholder benefit request form.  Fill it in and email it with a copy of your statement with all other information, account number etc and email it to sbplc@princesscruises.com if you are in the US and Canada.  See attached

Carnival Corp specifically notes not to include your account number as mentioned in posts 17 and 27.  The Carnival instructions include the bolding.

Please provide by email* , fax or by mail your complete legal name, reservation/booking number, ship and sailing date, along with proof of ownership of Carnival Corporation or Carnival plc shares (for example, photocopy of shareholder proxy card, a dividend tax voucher or a current brokerage or nominee statement with your current mailing address and your brokerage account number blacked out).

I didn't use a form.  I just emailed them and included this information:

Subject: Proof of Stock Ownership for 2 Cruises

FIRST CRUISE
Booking Number:  XXXXXX
Ship:  Coral Princess
Sail Date: XX/DD/YY
Proof of Stock Ownership:  attached a screen print of my account balance for the CCL holding and having blacked out the account number.

Did the same thing (in the same email) for the second cruise.

Edited by capriccio
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, capriccio said:

Carnival Corp specifically notes not to include your account number as mentioned in posts 17 and 27.  The Carnival instructions include the bolding.

Please provide by email* , fax or by mail your complete legal name, reservation/booking number, ship and sailing date, along with proof of ownership of Carnival Corporation or Carnival plc shares (for example, photocopy of shareholder proxy card, a dividend tax voucher or a current brokerage or nominee statement with your current mailing address and your brokerage account number blacked out).

I didn't use a form.  I just emailed them and included this information:

Subject: Proof of Stock Ownership for 2 Cruises

FIRST CRUISE
Booking Number:  XXXXXX
Ship:  Coral Princess
Sail Date: XX/DD/YY
Proof of Stock Ownership:  attached a screen print of my account balance for the CCL holding and having blacked out the account number.

Did the same thing (in the same email) for the second cruise.

Reading and following instructions.. its hard...

1 hour ago, capriccio said:

Carnival Corp specifically notes not to include your account number as mentioned in posts 17 and 27.

I'm presuming they misspoke and meant booking number rather than account number.  Easy enough to do. 🙂

• Like 1