How to book "free" specialty dining?

Sigyn

I booked my first cruise with NCL today and I see that I'm supposed to have two specialty dining meals for free, but I don't know how to book these. It looks like the specialty restaurants are a la carte, so that doesn't seem like they're free. I'm surely missing something here. Thanks in advance. 

120 days before departure, dining reservations open. Book exactly 120  days for best dinner one.

You decide at dinner time how you are paying. The reservation system does not care. At a la 

cart. You get appetizers, one entree , desserts. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Gladys Kravitz said:

I have one free specialty dinner but I booked two restaurants. I’d like to pick the restaurant for the free one to apply bc of the cost of the two different restaurants. However give or take $20 or so it’s not that big of deal. 

You can pick which one the dining package applies to. Just let them know when you arrive at the restaurant.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gladys Kravitz said:

I have one free specialty dinner but I booked two restaurants. I’d like to pick the restaurant for the free one to apply bc of the cost of the two different restaurants. However give or take $20 or so it’s not that big of deal. 

No problem at all. Upon arrival at the restaurant, you tell the hostess how you intend to pay (Dining Package or Room Charge). 

Or, on most cruises, NCL offers a Specialty Dining Upgrade of 2 additional dinners for $59+tip=$70.80 per person ($35.40 per dinner). It's a pretty good deal....

Examples of the cost for dinners for 2

image.png.0a6ad4b44906102d89e5aa018cb8c760.png 

image.png.d06474a359c158672b1de8ee00aa9c88.png

image.png.b83e1e71111f44977dd7e950ea5b3e4c.png

Edited by BirdTravels