Symphony of the Seas cabin question

thefer

Hi

Sorry in advance if I posted this in the wrong section.   I haven't posted here for a long time. Last time I cruised was about 10 yrs ago.

I am looking at Symphony out of Rome on June 8, 2023.  If I go ocean balcony, there is only front obstructed views left on deck 8 priced around $3041 for 1 person.  If I go central park balcony, they are on deck 10 mid ship, they are around $3338.  How bad are the obstruct views on deck 8.  Is there any sites that can show what they look like?

Edited by thefer

19 minutes ago, thefer said:

Hi

Sorry in advance if I posted this in the wrong section.   I haven't posted here for a long time. Last time I cruised was about 10 yrs ago.

I am looking at Symphony out of Rome on June 8, 2023.  If I go ocean balcony, there is only front obstructed views left on deck 8 priced around $3041 for 1 person.  If I go central park balcony, they are on deck 10 mid ship, they are around $3338.  How bad are the obstruct views on deck 8.  Is there any sites that can show what they look like?

There are no obstructed balconies on Wonder.  What you are seeing is obstructed Oceanview cabins (window) 

Screenshot_20221001-171812_Chrome.jpg

12 minutes ago, thefer said:

Hi

Hello from a fellow solo cruiser. You did not mention how many days this sailing is, but from a person that has sailed solo in a balcony ocean view cabin, that price seems a bit high to me (including pre-Covid pricing). Maybe it's because its June so you're sailing during summer vacation time or maybe its longer than a 7 day cruise, but I just wanted to share that perhaps if you have any flexibility you can find a better price than all those options you posted for that sailing. I understand that you may have been told that you may  be paying thr price for 2 passengers although you are sailing solo. As a solo cruiser, I have usually been able to not pay a full supplement if I work on the timing of the sailing or the timing of when I'm booking a sailing. You mentioned that you last sailed 10 years ago so I just wanted to share that info just in case It might be helpful and you have any flexibility. If the itinerary was simply amazing and I had to book that date right now, maybe I would book it, but if not, no. I would not accept those prices. Also if it's a longer cruise, than maybe that's why it's that cost.  good luck. 

2 hours ago, thefer said:

Hi

I have just done a search on RCCL Uk web site and there are ocean view balcony cabins available on deck 8.9.10 & 11 mid ship, and deck 8 at the front of the ship, and 8, 10, 11, & 12 at the rear of the ship.  Central Park balcony cabins are only available on deck 10, and there are loads to choose from.   Central Park are usually cheaper than Ocean View cabins, but wherever you're looking for pricing it seems to be your Central Park cabins are dearer than the Ocean view on Deck 8.

Normally a Travel Agent, or if you're booking directly with RCCL,  can give guidance on what the obstruction is on obstructed cabins, it could be the top of a lifeboat, or the 'cage' they use for washing the windows.  

Hi

I am a teacher so the only time I can sail is in June and early July.  I need to be back in the US by June 15th.  I am stuck paying the double occupancy fees, which stinks. It is a 7 day cruise out of Rome.  I would be booking through Costco, because I have a next cruise confirmation from 10 yrs ago.  I would get OBC plus a $360 costco cash card and deposit is already paid.

1 hour ago, thefer said:

Hi

I am a teacher so the only time I can sail is in June and early July.  I need to be back in the US by June 15th.  I am stuck paying the double occupancy fees, which stinks. It is a 7 day cruise out of Rome.  I would be booking through Costco, because I have a next cruise confirmation from 10 yrs ago.  I would get OBC plus a $360 costco cash card and deposit is already paid.

Oh, thats an interesting situation with Costco. I'm never booked with them so I dont know how that all works.

Perhaps if you book another cruise in the future, there is a website that I dont think I am allowed to name here, but it allows you to look up an entire list of sailings for the June and July dates that you can travel for any cruise line that you are interested in and destination or itinerary you like and you can filter by solo and it will show you the single occupancy rate or percentage  so you can see if any cruise lines offer a lower single supplement on sailings of your interest in the timeframe that you want. I have used that site as just a first step when looking for solo cabins. Then I check the cruise line's website to confirm the total price and then contact the cruise line directly to book. I also usually have more options if I dont book as far out. The single supplement deals usually pop up closer to sail dates. Just sharing an option for in the future, if that's applicable 

Good luck 🙂🛳