Flight time

jerbeth

Arriving Port Everglades 3/17/23 with two other ships in port. Self-disembark with luggage, and taxi to FLL. Is a 10:35am flight too early?  

It has been so long since we cruised that I can't remember our times in the past.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

We have made 9:00 am flights out of FLL on several occasions.  But as mentioned above, you are always taking a risk with early flights.

I agree.  It is doable as long as the ship arrives on time and self disembarkation is on time.

• Like 2

I’ve done it. It was on a Wednesday, one smaller ship, Island Princess, first group off, and I was at the gate at 8:30 am. I stressed about it though and didn’t tell my dad until the night before, lol. He would have been stressed the entire cruise! It’s not something I would normally gamble on.

• Like 1

It's easier and more relaxing to fly home the day after the cruise.  Lounge about on disembarkation day and be amongst the last off the ship. (you can still roll your own bags off anytime)  Check into your hotel and relax around the pool free of chair hogs.  Catch a flight at whatever time works best for you the next day.

Stress free way to end the cruise vacation.

• Like 1

Not a problem most of the time from Fort Lauderdale.  Can be a problem some of the time.  I have made a 9:40 flight and missed a 11:15 flight.  On the one we missed we were a little late arriving and then there was a problem with lack of custom agents because of are late arrival.  Didn't start embarkation till almost 9:30.  Just have a backup plan.

• Like 1

My experience may not apply anymore with the advances in technology lately but.... The last time I cruised out of Fort Lauderdale, we docked and started throwing everyone off the ship. It was really slow going. Found out later that they only had ONE customs guy manning the gate to try and get 3000 people processed through. It was that way until about 10 am when they finally brought ONE more agent in. Went a bit faster after that. I had a 2pm flight out. I missed my flight.