Port change Feb. Panama Canal cruise on Gem

zmmrzm

from what i noticed, grand turk is still a carnival corporation port. i have not seen another non carnival ship docked at grand turk 

the turk government is in talks to allow other cruise lines dock at the port but so far nothing has happen 

4 hours ago, zmmrzm said:

Anyone have any idea why Turks and Caicos was changed to San Juan Puerto Rico?

I have also seen that Hurricane Fiona damaged the cruise pier. Turks and Caicos was also changed to San Juan Puerto Rico on the cruise to Panama City starting on January 25th. 

4 hours ago, shof515 said:

from what i noticed, grand turk is still a carnival corporation port. i have not seen another non carnival ship docked at grand turk 

the turk government is in talks to allow other cruise lines dock at the port but so far nothing has happen 

I don't think so. I just watched a ParoDeeJay video on YouTube and they were on Celebrity cruise (a Royal Caribbean owned line) that went to Grand Turk. A lot of lines sail to Grand Turk from what I can tell by checking Google. 

• 1 month later...

We also are going to Panama on the Gem Jan 25 2023.  I am so upset w NCL regarding our flight back to JFK.  We are traveling with another couple and sharing a car service from the airport.  We just found out we will be on a different flight from our friends.  We will be sitting in the airport all day.  Our flight leaves at 6:08 pm arrives jfk at 11:24 pm and our friends leave at 9:24 pm and arrives jfk at 2:37am..  

I will never fly with ncl again. They say they can not make any changes.

anyone else have this problem?  Any suggestions?  We live in Connecticut.

Just now, Dw08700870 said:

We also are going to Panama on the Gem Jan 25 2023.  I am so upset w NCL regarding our flight back to JFK.  We are traveling with another couple and sharing a car service from the airport.  We just found out we will be on a different flight from our friends.  We will be sitting in the airport all day.  Our flight leaves at 6:08 pm arrives jfk at 11:24 pm and our friends leave at 9:24 pm and arrives jfk at 2:37am..  

I will never fly with ncl again. They say they can not make any changes.

anyone else have this problem?  Any suggestions?  We live in Connecticut.

Pre-covid, I read you can make changes with $50 penalty.

Was that elimated?

Also  read that if you had a Costco membership, you could make changes for free. 

Do a search for those threads?

Edited by fstuff1

Made many phone calls and they say they can not change the flight.  We called NCL as soon as we got our email with the reservation and  they will not change it. We will loose $1400.00 if we cancel. We never would have  signed up for this cruise if we knew.

time to try another cruise line.

1 hour ago, Dw08700870 said:

Made many phone calls and they say they can not change the flight.  We called NCL as soon as we got our email with the reservation and  they will not change it. We will loose $1400.00 if we cancel. We never would have  signed up for this cruise if we knew.

An unfortunate reality of letting a cruise line book your flight is that you are at the cruise line's mercy. Per the terms and conditions a request to ensure that guests on different reservations are booked on the same flight requires a payment of $100 per person and must be made no later than 75 days prior to embarkation.

18 hours ago, Dw08700870 said:

All cruise lines do thing like this. they book the cheapest flights that they can, and don't really care about the passenger. They are in the cruise business not the airline business and book as a courtesy to you not because they get anything out of it. You should never use cruise air on any cruise line.