Combining Rooms/Reservations

Frogger22

Hello - we have two rooms (1 Adult/1 Kid per room) booked for March Encore. Thus, my husband can see himself and one kid in his app and I can see myself and the other kid in my app. I'd like to be able to book specialty restaurants, shore excursions etc together - has anyone had success in linking reservations so you can book together on the app? Thanks and happy cruising!

i'm more curious about the sleeping arrangements and whether the parents intend to occupy one room while the kids are left alone in the other.

as for the specific question, the restaurant reservations are no problem, just book for four people under one name. then show up and give them your key cards. for a reservation, they only need one name and the total number of passengers dining together.

with regard to excursions, i don't know, but i'm sure someone will be around soon to dispense some invaluable advice based on their personal experience.

Edited by UKstages

1 hour ago, UKstages said:

i'm more curious about the sleeping arrangements and whether the parents intend to occupy one room while the kids are left alone in the other.

Which reminds me of the one time I asked a passenger for directions to a restaurant on the ship, and he replied with "I'm more interested in the color of your panties."    Sometimes things aren't someone else's business.

Edited by styxfire
  • Like 1

There is no need to have reservations linked for shore excursions or dining reservations.

UKstages is correct above regarding restaurants. One person can reserve for whoever they want.

For shore excursions just book the same tour and turn up at the same time. Just let them

know you are together when you pick up your number sticker and they will give you all the same number (so you will be on the same bus).

I can’t think of anything which actually requires reservations to be linked.

7 hours ago, styxfire said:

Which reminds me of the one time I asked a passenger for directions to a restaurant on the ship, and he replied with "I'm more interested in the color of your panties."    Sometimes things aren't someone else's business.

Agree. Their sleeping arrangements are nobody's business. Often it appears that many Cruise Critic members think that others are parents as a side-gig they picked up willy-nilly and need to be schooled on what is age appropriate. 

• Like 2

Thanks all - As you all probably know you can't book 2 kids in a room alone but never fear we have connecting rooms! I still would prefer to somehow link our reservations. I understand I could book a specialty table reservation for 4 but would we be able to use the Free at Sea for the 2 people not on my party. It also seems a pain to have to book shore excursions two different steps. I'll call NCL and see what can be done!

23 hours ago, styxfire said:

Sometimes things aren't someone else's business.

that's simply absurd. it is absolutely my business if i'm in the cabin next door to the kids and the kids are being unruly and the parents are in a cabin down the hall or on another deck providing no supervision whatsoever. that's one reason, as the OP has said , you can't book kids in a cabin without a parent.

we've had posts on CC recently that have indicated that indeed was the parents' intent... to book two kids alone in a cabin while the parents enjoyed a "star wars" cabin  (one that was "far, far away"). that's selfish and an intentional circumvention of NCL's rules

i've spoken here just about noise and inconvenience and unruly behavior. there is another reason why kids can't be booked into their own cabin. in the case of a fire or other onboard emergency, they may not be capable of handling the situation on their own. and that is everybody's business.

the OP has indicated that connecting cabins were booked and i don't have a concern whatsoever about that, as i trust that frogger22 is as interested in ensuring her kids behave as the folks in the neighboring cabins on that deck are.

Edited by UKstages

27 minutes ago, UKstages said:

it is absolutely my business if i'm in the cabin next door to the kids and the kids are being unruly and the parents are in a cabin down the hall or on another deck providing no supervision whatsoever....

... i trust that frogger22 is as interested in ensuring her kids behave as the folks in the neighboring cabins on that deck are.

It's really NOT your business, because you are not next door to Frogger's cabin right now.

You opined on a sleeping arrangement, yet Frogger's inquiry had nothing to do with who was sleeping where, or kids' behaviors.  That came out of "trust"?  It sounded more like a Harriet Olesen lecture.  (Little House on the Prairie lol)

But the bulk of your response, in which you addressed Frogger's questions, was very thorough and I found it helpful, as well.  Thanks,

Edited by styxfire
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, styxfire said:

It's really NOT your business, because you are not next door to Frogger's cabin right now.

oh, gosh, forgive me, i didn't realize you yourself were next to frogger22's cabin right now, which i assume you are or you would not have offered your opinion on the matter. i hadn't realized that was the qualifying criterion to opine here on CC; i will make a note of it.

a thousand pardons.

with regard to "trust," you may wish to look up the various meanings of the word.

2 hours ago, Frogger22 said:

Thanks all - As you all probably know you can't book 2 kids in a room alone but never fear we have connecting rooms! I still would prefer to somehow link our reservations. I understand I could book a specialty table reservation for 4 but would we be able to use the Free at Sea for the 2 people not on my party. It also seems a pain to have to book shore excursions two different steps. I'll call NCL and see what can be done!

Yes, you can use free at sea at the meal, however it is booked.

Basically, you book a table for 4. There is no facility for you to say who will be with you and the system doesn’t care. When you arrive for the meal you show the staff your cards so they know who is dining and let them know how you will be paying.

Even if you combine the reservations you will still need to do all that. Combining them makes absolutely no difference to how this works.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1