New AMEX Offer

Petersonfcu

1 hour ago, styxfire said:

Bummer, I have 3 AmEx cards, including the Everyday one...  and it's not offered on any of mine.  

You're finding it in the "Offers" section, under the "Travel" subcategory, right?

Yes, if you have it, it will show up under the travel subcategory so that you will not have to go through the entire 100 offers.

• Thanks 1

Interesting that it says you have to book it on their website or by phone with them. I believe this is new as we previously on the ship (Prima) we are sailing next year got a $100 credit for spending $500 from Amex and booked through our TA. 

On 10/7/2022 at 10:05 AM, Petersonfcu said:

Get $350 back when you spend $1000.   Showed up on my AMEX Everday Preferred card.

ncl.com, not onboard the ship.

can do multiple ncl.com purchases to add up to $1000

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, ontheweb said:

Interesting that it says you have to book it on their website or by phone with them. I believe this is new as we previously on the ship (Prima) we are sailing next year got a $100 credit for spending $500 from Amex and booked through our TA. 

A follow up to my post---what if you have already booked a cruise through a TA? Don't you have to make all payments through the TA? If you wanted to take advantage of the offer by making a payment past your deposit or to pay off the balance, how could you do it with the restrictions placed on it?

(I suppose on a new booking, if you wanted to use a TA you could make the booking and pay the deposit online or by phone with NCL, and then later transfer the booking.) But, I do not see how this can be accomplished with an existing booking if made through a TA.

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

A follow up to my post---what if you have already booked a cruise through a TA? Don't you have to make all payments through the TA? If you wanted to take advantage of the offer by making a payment past your deposit or to pay off the balance, how could you do it with the restrictions placed on it?

(I suppose on a new booking, if you wanted to use a TA you could make the booking and pay the deposit online or by phone with NCL, and then later transfer the booking.) But, I do not see how this can be accomplished with an existing booking if made through a TA.

In my experience the TA processes the payment for you but it goes directly to NCL and is charged by NCL and shows up on your statement as NCL.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, cruiseinfoseeker said:

In my experience the TA processes the payment for you but it goes directly to NCL and is charged by NCL and shows up on your statement as NCL.

Yes, but this offer does not say travel professional, only their website or by phone!

22 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Yes, but this offer does not say travel professional, only their website or by phone!

than I guess you'll have to wait for actual experiences with it.

I have used other offers but have only purchased dining, drink upgrade, wi-fi, vibe, etc. and done that through the reservation on the NCL site (even though I booked the actual cruise with a travel agent at some point earlier)

I'm already paid in full and have all my extras for my two upcoming cruises so I won't be using this one.

It absolutely works if you book through a TA. The charge will be processed exactly the same as if you booked through NCL. I have done this with a previous NCL AMEX offer 

It also works for any pre-cruise purchases done on NCL.com such as prepaid gratuities, shore excursions, spa, beverage package upgrades. Again I know from personal experience. 

Interestingly, I got this on my AMEX Platinum and added it to my card and then had my spouse check their authorized user gold card that is linked to my platinum card (but they have their own AMEX online login for it) and the offer was showing there still for them to add so they added it. I will be very curious to try this to see if we both get the $350 credit. 

On 10/7/2022 at 11:56 AM, 603NHCruiser said:

Make sure you dbl check, if you are not familiar with the T&Cs - if you are and already know, just ignore me 😁

*Limit of 1 statement credit per Card Member

*Limit 1 enrolled Card per American Express Card online account

If you and your husband share an account and one of you is listed as an additional card holder, it may not work. Sounds like you need two separate accounts (which you may)

Strange i dont see it as an offer on my platinum acct.

38 minutes ago, Cruise Gopher said:

It absolutely works if you book through a TA. The charge will be processed exactly the same as if you booked through NCL. I have done this with a previous NCL AMEX offer 

It also works for any pre-cruise purchases done on NCL.com such as prepaid gratuities, shore excursions, spa, beverage package upgrades. Again I know from personal experience. 

Interestingly, I got this on my AMEX Platinum and added it to my card and then had my spouse check their authorized user gold card that is linked to my platinum card (but they have their own AMEX online login for it) and the offer was showing there still for them to add so they added it. I will be very curious to try this to see if we both get the $350 credit. 

Yes, it has worked in the past, but in the past the offer has always included using your travel professional. This one does not.

31 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Yes, it has worked in the past, but in the past the offer has always included using your travel professional. This one does not.

Regardless, it’s the same back end payment process if the TA charges it or you book it yourself on NCL.com so it shouldn’t be an issue. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ontheweb said:

Just as an FYI, one of the first posters on the thread included the full T&Cs for the offer and it does say that it can be booked online, by phone, or through a TA.

"Make one or more qualifying purchases totaling $1000 or more for reservations booked online via US website only at NCL.com, via phone at 1-888-438-7114 or through your preferred travel advisor by 12/31/2022. Offer valid for reservations booked online via US website only at NCL.com, via phone at 1-888-438-7114 or through your preferred travel advisor by 12/31/2022."

• Thanks 1

On 10/9/2022 at 8:29 AM, cruiseinfoseeker said:

than I guess you'll have to wait for actual experiences with it.

I have used other offers but have only purchased dining, drink upgrade, wi-fi, vibe, etc. and done that through the reservation on the NCL site (even though I booked the actual cruise with a travel agent at some point earlier)

I'm already paid in full and have all my extras for my two upcoming cruises so I won't be using this one.

I was able to use the offer last year when purchasing cruise first vouchers that I applied to a booking in at a latter time. I haven't been watching lately, but they have run $250 for $500 cruise first offers a few times. Last year they popped up immediately following the black Friday sale. Unfortunately, these can not be doubled up like cruise next certs, but you can purchase them from land and met the conditions to fulfill the offer. If you know you will be sailing 4 times in the next three years it may still be worth it for you. YMMV

On 10/9/2022 at 8:46 AM, Cruise Gopher said:

..Interestingly, I got this on my AMEX Platinum and added it to my card and then had my spouse check their authorized user gold card that is linked to my platinum card (but they have their own AMEX online login for it) and the offer was showing there still for them to add so they added it. I will be very curious to try this to see if we both get the $350 credit. . . .

We've gotten it on main and the authorized platinums, too, in the past. Made charges on all, but only received one credit.

Maybe different for you so if you are spending it anyway it doesn't hurt to try it that way.

• Thanks 1

On 10/7/2022 at 2:24 PM, Juncti said:

I literally just paid up a cruise yesterday. So of course this appears today. Went through all my cards before paying to make sure none had a rebate offer. I have awesome luck!

We're considering the plus upgrade but not sure I can hit 1k or if it counts if we pay for upgrades with the card.

Like me!

I went ahead and prepaid tips, paid for our excursions and then bought on board credit, et voila! $1000 dollars spent with OBC which is refundable but which I will probably use to pay for a massage on GSC so I can access the Moet Bar.

3 hours ago, dcipjr said:

I've used similar AMEX offers twice in the past, saving myself at least a couple hundred bucks...AMEX now offers me cash off for other cruise lines, but not NCL (anymore).

...I guess they know.

I thought the same thing, no offers for NCL for 2 years, but this one popped up for me today, so "never say never" is my newest motto.

11 minutes ago, stefmaia said:

Like me!

I went ahead and prepaid tips, paid for our excursions and then bought on board credit, et voila! $1000 dollars spent with OBC which is refundable but which I will probably use to pay for a massage on GSC so I can access the Moet Bar.

Did you say excursions?

My offer from AmEx says excludes excursions, so I'm wondering if your excursion purchase is kosher for this offer.

What my AmEx T&C states:

Offer valid for reservations booked online via US website only at NCL.com, via phone at 1-888-438-7114 or through your preferred travel advisor by 12/31/2022. Excludes purchases onboard, Norwegian gift cards, shore excursions and transportation to and from the ship. Offer is non-transferable. Valid only on purchases made in US dollars. Limit of 1 statement credit per Card Member. You may not receive the statement credit if we receive inaccurate information or are otherwise unable to identify your purchase as qualifying for the offer.

- WYB

38 minutes ago, WYB! said:

Did you say excursions?

My offer from AmEx says excludes excursions, so I'm wondering if your excursion purchase is kosher for this offer.

What my AmEx T&C states:

Offer valid for reservations booked online via US website only at NCL.com, via phone at 1-888-438-7114 or through your preferred travel advisor by 12/31/2022. Excludes purchases onboard, Norwegian gift cards, shore excursions and transportation to and from the ship. Offer is non-transferable. Valid only on purchases made in US dollars. Limit of 1 statement credit per Card Member. You may not receive the statement credit if we receive inaccurate information or are otherwise unable to identify your purchase as qualifying for the offer.

- WYB

My total buy came to $1450 , so even if excursions don't count I get the deal

5 hours ago, stefmaia said:

My total buy came to $1450 , so even if excursions don't count I get the deal

Oh I C, since there is no additional bonus for purchases over $1k with AmEx I just barely crossed the finish line (@ $1,004 on my AmEx) and the rest goes on my NCL BoA card for the 3 points for $1.

Safe travels,

- WYB

On 10/8/2022 at 4:22 PM, styxfire said:

Bummer, I have 3 AmEx cards, including the Everyday one...  and it's not offered on any of mine.  

You're finding it in the "Offers" section, under the "Travel" subcategory, right?

I have the Amex Everyday Blue Cash and I have the offer. It showed up yesterday. I'll be making good use of this offer. We have a British ilse Cruise booked for Oct 2023. Now if I could just get an offer for airfare.

When I clicked on offers at the bottom of the Amex app it was the first offer.

Edited by flasaltwater63
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, flasaltwater63 said:

I have the Amex Everyday Blue Cash and I have the offer. It showed up yesterday. I'll be making good use of this offer. We have a British ilse Cruise booked for Oct 2023. Now if I could just get an offer for airfare.

When I clicked on offers at the bottom of the Amex app it was the first offer.

I chatted with amex. They said it is still being loaded on accounts.