Is Twice Daily Cabin Service Still Provided on Princess Ships?

Smokeyham

We've had nightly turn down service on nearly all our cruises since the restart back in July 2021.  I keep telling them I really don't require nightly turn down service but they do it anyway. If I put my privacy button on, they observe it, though.  

I actually love the way one cruise line was handling this ... you could either request morning or evening service.  We would always just request it at night as we tend to shower prior to dinner, not first thing in the morning.  

Six months ago, Majestic P., we had to request the nightly turn-down.  (I provided my own chocolates.) 

Last month, Sapphire P., the evening turn-down was performed without our requesting it.  (I still needed to provide my own chocolates.)  

On 10/7/2022 at 1:53 PM, Smokeyham said:

Returning to Princess for the first time since the pandemic I am wondering if twice-daily cabin service is still provided?  I liked this level of service with a "major" cleaning during the day and turndown service at night.  I know many hotel chains have cut back on their daily housekeeping so am wondering if this has also happened on board?

Thanks,

I was just on the Discovery & It’s by request with your cabin steward. The only thing left was the Patter.

Tom😀

Edited by trbarton

On 10/7/2022 at 5:55 PM, Loveh2ofl said:

In May on the Island Princess, our steward said policy was one time daily but he'd be happy to do twice if we wanted - we said yes.

I don't remember our steward asking on the Island Princess but he was wonderful and made up the room soon after we left in the morning and did turndown service, removed any mess (dishes, towels) and left the Patter while we were at dinner every night. We couldn't have been more pleased by the service Roberto provided.

• Like 1