Scooter Hire Vancouver to Alaska Cruise

chuchycruise

Hi

I am looking to travel on Holland America to do Vancouver to Alaska, with my dad who requires battery mobility scooter.  We would be travelling from UK so not suitable to bring the scooter he has at home with us.

I'd like to look to hire a mobility scooter he can use on board so he can be independent and not reliant on someone pushing him in a standard wheelchair.

However as we would be travelling from Canada to Alaska, does anyone know companies that would rent a electric scooter for this itinerary basically from Canada to Alaska?

I have contacted Mobility at Sea and Scootaround to see if they can offer anything, but would appreciate if anyone has arranged this previously?

Holland America works with Special Needs at Sea and Scootaround as providers who can drop off/pick up equipment at the ships, and including in the cabins.

It’s not an issue for them to drop off in Vancouver. It’s similar to many other cruises that are multinational, such as a cruise in the Mediterranean or from Germany to Norway.

Special Needs at Sea and Scootaround deliver scooters (and other medical equipment) worldwide.   And one way, too (ie, Hawaii ending in Vancouver, which we did).   

With some of the international ports these companies service you actually have to contact the company (chat or phone) and cannot make reservations on-line.  

PS:   You will need an accessible stateroom to store the scooter.  If you haven't already seen this, here is Holland America's Accessible link:

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/accessibility.html

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2022 at 6:26 AM, chuchycruise said:

Hi

I am looking to travel on Holland America to do Vancouver to Alaska, with my dad who requires battery mobility scooter.  We would be travelling from UK so not suitable to bring the scooter he has at home with us.

I'd like to look to hire a mobility scooter he can use on board so he can be independent and not reliant on someone pushing him in a standard wheelchair.

However as we would be travelling from Canada to Alaska, does anyone know companies that would rent a electric scooter for this itinerary basically from Canada to Alaska?

I have contacted Mobility at Sea and Scootaround to see if they can offer anything, but would appreciate if anyone has arranged this previously?

Many posters already answered, which is good.  But why can't you bring his scooter on the plane?  I went to UK and used BA and no issues.  I also fly all over the world, with no issues with my wife's scooter, and Lithium batteries.  It just needs to be declared before the trip