RCI Deluxe Beverage Package sold out?

We have a cruise booked for March '23 and have been watching the package pricing; I actually had it in my cart for purchase but needed to connect with my travel partner prior to hitting purchase. The Planner upgraded to the new format and offered only the DB pkg paired with Voom (cart was deleted) - we have the Key so no need for Voom. Now there is no DB package being offered at all and when I called customer service, they noted that the DB pkg is sold out but we could purchase on the ship.  I have never seen the package sell out and at 5 months pre-cruise? My travel partner believes it is more related to a glitch with the upgraded Planner - anyone experienced a sell out before?

16 minutes ago, jmom2004 said:

2 weeks later and still no deluxe beverage package in our planner for purchase for a cruise in March '23 on Rhapsody - only the soda and other beverage packages available. 

I have two future cruises booked and they both show that the deluxe beverage packages are not available. This is not unusual. There are times of change in pricing and computer programming. which leads to options not being available.

That said, I have never witnessed any beverage or dining option not being available at the 60 day before cruising window.

"Be patient Grasshopper." (a quote from a 1960 TV show that very few will remember 😁)

It is most likely a web site glitch, but if the ship is chartered for a large group, they sometimes won't sell the Deluxe Beverage Package. We were told this by some of the RC bartenders a couple of years ago when the next cruise after our return to port was going to be a heavy-metal rock cruise. The bartenders said that everyone abord that charter cruise is always super nice and very polite and respectful, but they would drink the ship out of alcohol (profits) if they were to offer the DBP. They said that Royal does this for certain "theme" cruises on a regular basis.

2 hours ago, avw3 said:

It is most likely a web site glitch, but if the ship is chartered for a large group, they sometimes won't sell the Deluxe Beverage Package. We were told this by some of the RC bartenders a couple of years ago when the next cruise after our return to port was going to be a heavy-metal rock cruise. The bartenders said that everyone abord that charter cruise is always super nice and very polite and respectful, but they would drink the ship out of alcohol (profits) if they were to offer the DBP. They said that Royal does this for certain "theme" cruises on a regular basis.

That's interesting...I did not know that! I don't think our cruise is a theme cruise and the DBP was on the site a couple weeks ago so hoping it is a glitch. I just read that RCI has raised their drink prices and are adjusting their package prices so maybe that is the issue. 

On 10/15/2022 at 10:18 AM, Engineroom Snipe said:

I have two future cruises booked and they both show that the deluxe beverage packages are not available. This is not unusual. There are times of change in pricing and computer programming. which leads to options not being available.

That said, I have never witnessed any beverage or dining option not being available at the 60 day before cruising window.

"Be patient Grasshopper." (a quote from a 1960 TV show that very few will remember 😁)

Thanks for the info - and you're right, I always see it in the couple months before the sail date. I usually see good black Friday sales so I hope it reappears by then. 

2 hours ago, avw3 said:

I do not doubt your experience. Imagine how much alcohol would have to be consumed for RCI to not make a profit on their drink package 😱. That is one hard drinking bunch of cruisers. Maybe I booked the wrong week if they do not offer the drink package 😲. Very interesting as I have never experienced a cruise in recent years without a drink package being offered. I do not purchase the drink package for medical reasons but I like that others can enjoy it. No one has to be worried about a DUI or getting a ride home onboard 😁. The hardest part might be trying to find the room that your Sea Pass works on (I remember more than a few people in my youth who would be trying multiple door locks with their key trying to remember their room number 🤣).

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...