Vista Ships Front Decks - Deck 5, Deck 6, and Deck 7

BlackJack2

We’ve spent most of HAL sailings on R Class Ships.  During port sail-ins and sail-outs, we went to the open deck, on Deck 6, at the front of the ship, just below the bridge.  

Do the Vista Class ships have a public outside deck for sail-ins and sail-outs at the front of the ship?  Not the Observation Deck or the Crow's Nest.  Are the front decks on Deck 5, Deck 6 and Deck 7 open to passengers?

It is the Captain's decision as to the hatch to Deck 5 will be open for guests.  Some do; some don't.  When in a scenic area, usually, the decision is to open the hatch.  

11 hours ago, 0106 said:

When I was on the Zuiderdam in February, the only time the front deck was open was when we were transiting the canal.

Your experience has been mine as well.  

16 hours ago, BlackJack2 said:

Are the front decks on Deck 5, Deck 6 and Deck 7 open to passengers?

Deck 6 and 7?  I am unsure.  There have been times when I have tried to get to those open decks under the Bridge and have found the doors leading to the outer deck locked.  

• Like 1

On the Westie - and I assume the other Vistas - there is an open bow area on the Lido deck, on top of the bridge. You just have to keep navigating forward through the spa areas. I was usually alone up there, so let's keep it our secret.

• Like 1