Live from Coral Princess - Round Australia October 2022

11 hours ago, arxcards said:

We also had a great cruise on Majestic, and figure we had to catch it at some stage. I now have a tinge of regret. In the one day of work before testing positive, one of my work mates managed to catch it from me, and I don't wish it upon anyone. I have had a rebound of symptoms, and am currently fighting a bout of tiredness and fatigue after short simple tasks. I will get over it, but the benefit of our relaxing holiday has just about gone.

Testing positive 2 days after arriving home, feel like crap but get no insurance or cruise day credits, and I am glad we don't have another cruise till February.

Sorry to hear you're struggling with rebound symptoms. Yes, a real bummer that you tested positive after your cruise ended. I have to admit that having Covid on our cruise was easier than if we'd been at home, and because we caught it right in the middle of a long cruise we had the benefit of a few more days of enjoyable cruising after I tested negative. I still had a couple of days of rebound when we got home but luckily that didn't kick in until after we'd done the grocery shopping.

Hope you fully recover soon. Try some XO - I reckon it scared my Covid away! 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Sorry to hear you're struggling with rebound symptoms. Yes, a real bummer that you tested positive after your cruise ended. I have to admit that having Covid on our cruise was easier than if we'd been at home, and because we caught it right in the middle of a long cruise we had the benefit of a few more days of enjoyable cruising after I tested negative. I still had a couple of days of rebound when we got home but luckily that didn't kick in until after we'd done the grocery shopping.

Hope you fully recover soon. Try some XO - I reckon it scared my Covid away! 🤣

The grog cabinet has lots of special medicines, with particular focus on a bottle of Benedictine tonic. A bit tough while at work though.

Generally, thanks for the get well wishes. The bounce of symptoms was a shorter and less vicious version of the original, and I am now through that. The fatigue is not directly covid, but how my body can react to a decent dose of a virus. I had a dose of a significant virus 40 years ago, and those fatigue symptoms sometimes return in response to flu, or even a flu jab. Seems the same applies to covid. If past history is anything to go by, it should gradually disappear over the next couple of weeks.

• Like 4