Live from Coral Princess - Round Australia October 2022

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Thanks for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic!"

OzKiwiJJ was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

Sydney embarkation Tuesday 8th October.

Brisbane embarkation Thursday 10th October.

We'll be doing our fifth cruise on Coral since the restart. We really love this ship. In my opinion she's as close as we'll get to the perfect cruise ship - small enough so there aren't too many passengers on board yet big enough to have plenty of choice of restaurants, bars and lounges.

Our bags are packed (again) and we're ready to cruise right around Australia. Although we've probably been to 75% of the ports already it's still very special doing a full circumnavigation. 

• Like 12

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We'll be doing our fifth cruise on Coral since the restart. We really love this ship. In my opinion she's as close as we'll get to the perfect cruise ship - small enough so there aren't too many passengers on board yet big enough to have plenty of choice of restaurants, bars and lounges.

Our bags are packed (again) and we're ready to cruise right around Australia. Although we've probably been to 75% of the ports already it's still very special doing a full circumnavigation. 

This will be our fifth cruise too but not as many cruise days as you guys. Can’t wait! Bags packed, rats negative lol. Flying in and transfers booked. See you onboard 🥰🥰🥰

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

This will be our fifth cruise too but not as many cruise days as you guys. Can’t wait! Bags packed, rats negative lol. Flying in and transfers booked. See you onboard 🥰🥰🥰

We just did our RATs - negative, thank goodness.

Yes, see you onboard. 😊

• Like 3

2 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I'm just a little green with envy🤢

I tried booking this cruise for next year but it was already booked out.

We loved the Coral Princess.

Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, joejoe 59 said:

I'm just a little green with envy🤢

I tried booking this cruise for next year but it was already booked out.

We loved the Coral Princess.

Enjoy your cruise.

Keep checking, especially close to the embarkation date. We only booked this cruise last Thursday. we were on Coral at the time and grumbling about the Sydney weather forecast. Just for fun I checked this itinerary and found a perfect cabin to book. I hurriedly crunched some numbers then we raced down to the Future Cruise Sales Office and booked it. We went home on Saturday as we had a couple of things we had to do. We're now packed again and ready to embark tomorrow.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Keep checking, especially close to the embarkation date. We only booked this cruise last Thursday. we were on Coral at the time and grumbling about the Sydney weather forecast. Just for fun I checked this itinerary and found a perfect cabin to book. I hurriedly crunched some numbers then we raced down to the Future Cruise Sales Office and booked it. We went home on Saturday as we had a couple of things we had to do. We're now packed again and ready to embark tomorrow.

That would have been so exciting to organise at short notice. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, mr walker said:

I’m confused. Here in Penrith, today is Mon 10th 😳

I'm confused too. I had the 8th on the brain as it was the day we disembarked and also the day this cruise disembarks in Sydney. I think I'm too tired, it's been a very busy couple of days and I had a very bad night's sleep last night.

Sydney embarkation Tuesday 11th October.

Brisbane embarkation Thursday 13th October.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I'm confused too. I had the 8th on the brain as it was the day we disembarked and also the day this cruise disembarks in Sydney. I think I'm too tired, it's been a very busy couple of days and I had a very bad night's sleep last night.

Sydney embarkation Tuesday 11th October.

Brisbane embarkation Thursday 13th October.

You need a holiday 🥰🥰🥰

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, joejoe 59 said:

That would have been so exciting to organise at short notice. 

Scary-exciting! 

There wasn't a lot of organising to do as we're getting experts at hopping on and off the ship. We did pack smart when disembarking the last cruise - we filled one suitcase with clean clothes and other things we would need onboard this cruise. So that made the rest of the packing a bit easier although we have had to fit in our cool weather clothes just in case plus supplies of stuff we use during the cruise - those good quality masks take up a lot of space! We ended up using an extra suitcase rather than squashing everything in. We didn't have time to get haircuts this time so will have to go to the ship's hair salon if we get too shaggy. Luckily we were able to get doctor's appointments today to get new prescriptions including some more Stemetil. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

You need a holiday 🥰🥰🥰

I just had one! 🤣🤣🤣

Actually I think I have cruise ship withdrawal symptoms. I can't sleep properly without the ship rocking me to sleep. Seriously! I slept really well on the last cruise. The best I've slept in years.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I just had one! 🤣🤣🤣

Actually I think I have cruise ship withdrawal symptoms. I can't sleep properly without the ship rocking me to sleep. Seriously! I slept really well on the last cruise. The best I've slept in years.

That’s great🥰

7 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Scary-exciting! 

There wasn't a lot of organising to do as we're getting experts at hopping on and off the ship. We did pack smart when disembarking the last cruise - we filled one suitcase with clean clothes and other things we would need onboard this cruise. So that made the rest of the packing a bit easier although we have had to fit in our cool weather clothes just in case plus supplies of stuff we use during the cruise - those good quality masks take up a lot of space! We ended up using an extra suitcase rather than squashing everything in. We didn't have time to get haircuts this time so will have to go to the ship's hair salon if we get too shaggy. Luckily we were able to get doctor's appointments today to get new prescriptions including some more Stemetil. 

I had a haircut on board in June! I can highly recommend the male hairdresser? I thin j his name was Shameen or something (young Indian guy).