Live from Coral Princess - Round Australia October 2022

Just now, LittleFish1976 said:

What do you think of August as a month for doing this? I've booked for 2024 'just' from Sydney to Perth, around the top/anti-clockwise. Couldn't spring for the full circumnav.

We did the Top End in August in 2016. It was great. A bit cool at the start and end but great weather and seas for the rest of the cruise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Forget about towel animals. I got a lovely tissue rose from our waiter last night. It was fascinating watching him make it.

20221012_101433.thumb.jpg.4eb4a2a98fd91dcfdeac51d30685a5d5.jpg

Nice, are you in Club Class for MDR?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LittleFish1976 said:

What do you think of August as a month for doing this? I've booked for 2024 'just' from Sydney to Perth, around the top/anti-clockwise. Couldn't spring for the full circumnav.

That would be a great time to go weather wise & out of cyclone season. It would still be cool once you got to Perth,  but that's better then stinking hot 🔥 

I am looking at this cruise as well.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

For passengers not familiar with Brisbane port, the view starts early.  The ship has to cruise north to the Sunshine Coast, then cruise south to Brisbane port.

And once you are in Port Brisbane, you have great views of the poo ponds for the day.😁

• Haha 2

The first couple of days of this cruise have been strange compared with the others we've done.75% of passengers from Sydney are doing the Round Australia cruise so were settling into the ship. Some may not have been on Coral before so are learning where everything is. The rest were doing either the two day or five day Sydney to Brisbane options so were trying to pack as much as they could into their cruise before disembarking this morning.

Of course after the last few cruises we already have our shipboard routine sussed so we settled back in very quickly.

It was weird last night though. For the first time that we saw the Good Spirits Bar was empty at 10pm. I hope that isn't going be the pattern for the whole cruise. There was a fair bit going on in the theatre (Encore), Universe Lounge and the other bars so that might be the reason.

• Like 1

Just now, MMDown Under said:

To see a working wharf,   Morning tea was provided  plus a bus trip 

Hmmmm! Actually when we docked there once the bus trip was interesting especially as the drivers took a different route back to the ship so we saw more of the city. 

• Like 2

We are on the April 2023 Round Australia cruise so I'm checking in every day to see how it goes with your cruise.

Did anyone notice if Princess offers a shuttle into the city since I know the new port is a quite a ways out of town?  If so, how much did it cost and what was the schedule (first and last shuttle)?

Thank you and hope everyone has a spectacular cruise!

28 minutes ago, capriccio said:

We are on the April 2023 Round Australia cruise so I'm checking in every day to see how it goes with your cruise.

Did anyone notice if Princess offers a shuttle into the city since I know the new port is a quite a ways out of town?  If so, how much did it cost and what was the schedule (first and last shuttle)?

No shuttles!  Maybe Princess could offer a day tour.  Brisbane has a lot to offer without going further afield to Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

No shuttles!  Maybe Princess could offer a day tour.  Brisbane has a lot to offer without going further afield to Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast. 

I saw a shuttle offered into city $39.95 each. I think it left 8.30 back 1.30??? Dropped people in city then picked up later. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, capriccio said:

I saw a FB post from someone who went ashore to have a look at the cruise terminal. He mentioned there were a couple of shuttles at $40pp.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Elorac123 said:

Just read on another platform that a crew member has said the masks will be off very soon by both crew and passengers,,anyone heard this.

Cheers Carole

Not heard that and in the main people are pretty much all wearing masks. If we are in close proximity to people than we pop one on, but if not beat anyone we just carry with us and don’t put on. I appreciate it’s a very varied topic.