Live from Coral Princess - Round Australia October 2022

4 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We're onboard. We got to the OPT just after 11am and went straight through the Elite Lane. 

We’ve landed and just on our way to luggage claim and transfer. What time is MDR lunch?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

12:00 to 1:30pm. 

If your transfer is quick you might just make it.

Depends how many passengers he has to wait for but I’m sure we won’t starve even if we miss lunch “everywhere” lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cbtours said:

Enjoyed a very nice lunch in the international cafe!

I thought the food offerings at the IC were poor in comparison to those on other Princess ships. All I could get gf..coeliac was a stale little sponge cake, inedible.

I loved the Horizon Court ate there many times, BLD, so much variety for those of us with serious dietary allergies.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

Just now, NSWP said:

I thought the foodvofferings at the IC were poor in comparison to those on other Princess ships. All I could get gf..coeliac was a stale little sponge cake, inedible.

I loved the Horizon Court ate there many times, BLD, so much variety for those of us with serious dietary allergies.

Appreciate those with allergies etc would be limited so great if you can get variety in the buffet. I had a little quiche and vegetable soup, both very nice. Plus a delicious chicken Waldorf salad. I was very good and saved dessert for dinner tonight 🥰

• Like 2

Save travels everyone, hope the weather is kind .

I am still waiting listed for March 2014 for this one and in case I don’t get a berth I have booked the PO one in June .

Looking forward to some nice reviews and photos.

Cheers Carole

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Elorac123 said:

Save travels everyone, hope the weather is kind .

I am still waiting listed for March 2014 for this one and in case I don’t get a berth I have booked the PO one in June .

Looking forward to some nice reviews and photos.

Cheers Carole

Going to be a beautiful evening for sail away 🥰🥰🥰

D54A4F55-E4FB-42AD-B50E-5882F7840EBC.jpeg

CAD10101-5A12-4A62-90B8-1EEAF30C008F.jpeg

• Like 2

22 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Scary-exciting! 

There wasn't a lot of organising to do as we're getting experts at hopping on and off the ship. We did pack smart when disembarking the last cruise - we filled one suitcase with clean clothes and other things we would need onboard this cruise. So that made the rest of the packing a bit easier although we have had to fit in our cool weather clothes just in case plus supplies of stuff we use during the cruise - those good quality masks take up a lot of space! We ended up using an extra suitcase rather than squashing everything in. We didn't have time to get haircuts this time so will have to go to the ship's hair salon if we get too shaggy. Luckily we were able to get doctor's appointments today to get new prescriptions including some more Stemetil. 

That's a lot to organise in a very short time  I'd be stressed out. 

Just get a haircut when you go ashore, would have to be a lot better value then the ship & there won't be a lot of up selling.

1 hour ago, joejoe 59 said:

That's a lot to organise in a very short time  I'd be stressed out. 

Just get a haircut when you go ashore, would have to be a lot better value then the ship & there won't be a lot of up selling.

It might be better value but it wastes shore time and there is no guarantee we could get walk-in cuts. 

51 minutes ago, arxcards said:

The gorgeous skinny waitress made us laugh last night - wicked sense of humour. 

Skinny waitress? Junella?

Most of the waiters in Good Spirits are great fun. That's why it's our favourite bar.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Most of the waiters in Good Spirits are great fun. That's why it's our favourite bar.

I liked the little bar man who stood on a box in the middle of his bar and entertained, lol. Legend and he could juggle the cocktail shakers.

Yes I agree, Good Spirits Bar is the place to be on Coral.

Edited by NSWP

Just now, NSWP said:

I liked the little bar man who stood on a box in the middle of his bar and entertained, lol. Legend and he could juggle the cocktail shakers.

Yes I agree, Good Spirits Bar is the place to be on Coral.

He's also the best barista on the ship.

15 hours ago, joejoe 59 said:

I think October is a better time of year to go then February.

Enjoy your cruise.

What do you think of August as a month for doing this? I've booked for 2024 'just' from Sydney to Perth, around the top/anti-clockwise. Couldn't spring for the full circumnav.

14 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I think so. We were trying to decide whether to get one last drink, so she started to do a very slow shuffle - I am walking away very slowly, then would ask again if we had decided yet with every step.

• Like 1